Chapter 1

Eddie opened his eyes with a dramatic inhale. He sat up, slouched. He put his hand on his chest, reassuring himself he was breathing. "Dustin!" Eddie yelled. "Dustin, I'm alive!" Eddie exclaimed, on the brink of tears. He looked back down to ease the efforts of gaining his breath, and noticed something off with his hand. He lifted it up, and looked hard.
His hands were a shade of grayish blue, with black painted claws for fingernails. He gasped, and jumped out of his position. He stood, astonished, in denial even.
He looked at his other hand, and sure enough, it was the same shade. He put his hands on each of his cheeks and felt a stinging coldness upon his skin. He quickly put his hand over his mouth, and felt a sharp, stabbing pain in his upper lip. At the pain, he let out a little whimper.
He put his finger between his gums and his lip, and looked back down at his finger. There was blood on it. He put it back to see if it was still bleeding, but accidentally bumped into his canine. He jumped and cursed.
Eddie looked back at his finger, and noticed a small cut. He felt the shape of his canines, and noticed he had fangs.
He turned around at the small rustle of grass. He squinted at the bushes, and grabbed his nailed on garbage lid. "Who's there!" He shouted. A small head popped out of the bushes about a half-a-mile away. He heard the rustle perfectly, as if it was right beside him.
He slowly walked towards it, and picked up his spear on the way. He jabbed it, in hoping it would scare the small creature away. "Hey! Get outta here! Get!" Eddie shouted. "Ya' hear me?" He exclaimed.
"I said, get!" He slashed at it with his hand, which in fact finally scared it away. Eddie sighed.
He threw down his weapon and shield, and walked into the forest. He looked around, and noticed the creature that ran away had only hid a few bushes back.
Eddie tilted his head, wondering why it wasn't attacking him or hissing at the very least. He went in to grab it, and it ran. Something in him wanted to chase it, and snatch it up. So, he did just that.
Eddie ran after it a couple seconds after it scurried off. He felt like he was going inhumanely fast, but ignored it. He finally caught up to the creature, and grabbed it by it's neck. He was looking at it, observing it. It looked like if a salamander could be naked, mixed with a manatee. But uglier. Or so he thought. A sudden urge so great wanted to rip it's neck, and eat it. Not even eat it, drink it's blood.
Eddie made his grip tighter, and the creature let out a distorted squeak. One of his fingers dug into it's skin, and drew blood. He smelled an unfamiliar scent, something that smelled ravishing. He figured out it was the blood.
He sniffed it again, and it was stronger the closer he got to it. He dug his thumb into its neck, killing it, and dropped it on the ground. Eddie licked his thumb, and his pupils grew the size of a gumball. He quickly bent over to grab the creature again, and hung it over his mouth, cutting it more, and draining it of it's blood. He dropped the dead body and wiped his mouth, debating whether he was disgusted in himself, or if he should finish with a little water.
He decided he'd go with water, so he started looking around and venturing in hopes of finding something refreshing.
He came across a waterhole, though the water was insanely discolored. He didn't care. He scooped it up into little handfuls and funneled it into his mouth. He let out and exasperated sigh and looked down at the water. He noticed his reflection had many scars, presumably from the bats. He also noticed a bite on his neck, looking like a snake bite.
Eddie looked specifically at his eyes, and noticed they were a little bloodshot. When he noticed this, his pupils became thinner. The thinning of his pupils startled him, and made him gasp. He looked around, then looked again. He noticed the more he looked into it the more they widened. He was like a cat! He thought it was kind of funny.
He heard a pulsing about the gate behind him, and reminded him of his true home, Hawkins. He got up and began to run off towards the gate.