Chapter 3

Steve swam up to the surface of the lake, and got in his car. He backed out of the driveway and went straight to his house.
He put some clothes on first, but kept the jacket on. He didn't know why he wanted it, but he didn't care.
Steve grabbed the walkie talkie and extended the antenna. "Hey, guys! We have a code.. Turquoise! I don't know, just meet at the lake behind the barn! It's urgent!" He shut the antenna and headed out of the house.

Steve heard grass being pressed and looked in his mirror. The kids were on bikes approaching his car. Steve got out of the car and shoved the talkie in his pocket.
"What's going on?" Dustin asked out of breath. "Listen to me. Listen carefully. I don't know how, I don't know why, but Eddie. He's alive." Dustin's eyes lit up. "What?! Where is he?!" Dustin exclaimed. Mike let down his bike. "You better not be joking. Where is he?" Mike asked. "Follow me. I hope you're up for swimming." Steve said.

The group fell through and collapsed onto the ground. They got up, and looked at Steve. "Ok, follow me." Steve said. Dustin smiled as he followed, unable to stay still.
Steve knocked on the trailer door. "Eddie! We're here!" Steve shouted. "Eddie! It's me, Dustin! Open the door!" Dustin shouted gleefully. Steve opened the door to no response and looked around.
"Eddie?" Steve asked. He turned around and was startled by Eddie hanging upside down from his ceiling. "Hey-o." Eddie exclaimed with a big smile. He let go and fell down, dusting his ripped jeans. As soon as Eddie was able to look back at them, Dustin greeted him with the biggest hug he has ever received. Dustin began crying. Mike stood still, as well as Lucas. "Miss me?" Eddie asked sarcastically.
"Very much so." Dustin exclaimed. Steve chuckled. Eddie opened his arms. "C'mon. I don't bite." He chuckled with a toothy grin. Mike and Lucas hesitantly hugged him.
They all let go, as Dustin sniffled. "What.. are you?" Mike asked.
"Eddie. I'm Eddie." He said. "I mean, look at me! I'm not that unbearable, right?" Eddie said, losing his bright joy. "C'mon. I'm still Eddie! Just.. with a different diet."
"Are you a vampire?!" Dustin shouted, clueless about the lack of relief in the room. Him and Steve seemed like the only ones relieved he was still alive.
"Uh, yeah!" Eddie yelled. "Awesome." Dustin chuckled. "Wait, so.. you're a vampire?" Lucas asked. "I won't correct you." Eddie said. "I don't understand." Mike said.
"Well, me neither. My theory is that those bats made me one." They all looked at Steve. "But, I got bites too." Steve said. "Yeah, but you didn't die." Eddie said. Steve nodded. "That's true." "I'm so glad you're still here, Eddie." Dustin said.
"Me too, kid. Me too." He replied with a smile. "Actually! I wanna show you guys around. I made some pretty good memories while you guys were gone." Eddie chuckled.
"Cool." Steve added. "Let's go." Eddie said. "I actually think I'm going to go back to my house, 'cause I want to see all the stuff I lost a couple years ago." Mike nervously laughed.  "I think I'll go with him actually.." Lucas added. Eddie frowned.
"O-Ok.. Come on guys." Eddie said.