Chapter 5

Steve and Dustin burst through the door and set Eddie on his table. Lucas and Mike, back from their houses, looked up at them, startled. "What.. happened?!" Mike asked. Lucas quickly got up and rushed to the table, followed by Mike. Dustin explained the whole thing while Steve tried to help Eddie's wound.

Eddie opened his eyes and saw Steve looking right at him, immensely concerned. Steve smiled and let out a relieved and shocked exhale. Eddie smiled, for Steve to be his first sight was one of the best things to experience.
Eddie weakly chuckled, then coughed afterwards. Steve looked around, and made yet another concerned face. "What, Steve?" Dustin asked. "He's awake." He reassured. That's not why he was making that face.
Steve sighed, then turned around, and continued looking. He finally found something useful and grabbed it. "Steve wh- Steve what are you doing?!" Dustin yelled, panicked. Steve drove a pocketknife down his wrist, making a very small incision.
Steve looked at Eddie and lifted his arm to his face. Eddie looked at his wrist, and his pupils went extremely thin, involuntarily. Eddie sighed and closed his eyes in frustration. "Steve.." He croaked. "Eddie, just do it. I'm not looking." Steve said, aggravated. He turned his head. Eddie opened his eyes again.
He grabbed his arm and pulled it to his face, and bit down onto it. Dustin groaned in disgust and turned away. Mike and Lucas winced. Steve never looked at his arm, since he knew if he did, he'd let out a little scream.
Eddie let go of his arm after a little, and sighed. Steve shoved his arm in Dustin's face, silently telling him to clean it up before he saw it. Dustin gagged as he grabbed a random cloth. He dabbed at it, not too sure what to do.
Steve looked back at Eddie's eyes and saw his pupils widen. "Thank you, Steve." Eddie said. Steve smiled.

They sat outside discussing what had happened. Eddie was pacing back and forth, thinking. Steve looked up at Eddie. "What's wrong?" He asked. Eddie looked up at him.
"Nothing." Eddie said. Steve walked closer, and made sure the kids didn't hear them. "Eddie, what's wrong? Just tell me." Steve said. Eddie glanced back over at the kids.
"It's Mike and Lucas." Eddie said. "What about them?" "They seem.. scared. Of me." Eddie said, with sorrowful eyes.
"Eddie, they're not scared of you." He assured. "Then why do they avoid me? Why do they look at me like that? They look at me like.. I'm a monster.." Eddie said, gaining emotion. Steve sharply exhaled.
"They're just, shocked. They haven't had time to mourn." "And you and Dustin have? He had it worse! He literally watched me die, Steve." Eddie said, tearing up.
Steve frowned. He hated being reminded of that. "I know, but.." "But what, Steve?!" Eddie asked. The kids behind Steve looked up at them. Eddie looked back at Steve with a worried face. "Look at me." Eddie said. Steve looked up at him, but never made eye contact. "Steve! Look at me! In the eyes! ..Steve..?" Eddie said, tearing up even more.
Eddie stormed off, brushing Steve's shoulder, slamming his trailer door behind him. Steve looked back at Eddie as he walked in. He looked back at the kids, wondering what he said to make him so angry.
Dustin got up and walked into the trailer. He softly closed the door and stood, looking at Eddie. "Eddie..?" Dustin asked, concerned. He looked up at him, releasing his face from his hands, tears running down his scarred face. "Eddie? Are you ok?" Dustin took a step forward. He'd never seen him so sad.
"Hey.." Dustin whispered. He put his arm on Eddie's shoulder, and sat down beside him. "What's wrong?" He asked. Eddie looked back up at him and sniffled. He wiped under his eyes, and chuckled, ashamed of Dustin seeing him in such a fragile state.
"It's nothin'.." Eddie said with a smile. "Nothing? You're-.." Dustin wanted to say 'crying', but he knew that wouldn't make Eddie feel too good. "I know. But, it's really nothing." "You're lying." Dustin said.
"You can tell me, Ed." Eddie looked up at him, his pupils almost taking up his entire iris. Only his uncle ever called him 'Ed'.
"Your little friends." Eddie finally opened up. "What do you mean?" He asked. Eddie got up, and walked to his fridge. Dustin still sat down. "They probably think I'm gonna kill 'em in their sleep, don't they." Eddie said with a laugh at the end. He reached in looking for something but didn't find much. He continued rambling on about it, and Dustin got up in front of the door. "And it's like they don't even know me anymore." Eddie said.
"Wh- What's this?!" Eddie said, holding a cold, empty beer bottle. "It's empty!" He said, not knowing whether to cry or laugh. He threw it down, and it shattered. Dustin flinched.
He continued rummaging through his fridge, gaining heat from his rambling. He went from upset to seething real fast.
Dustin picked up an un-shattered half of the bottle, and bent his wrist, accidentally pushing it against his skin. He winced and set it back down. Eddie paused, and looked behind him. He let go of the door, as the fridge slowly closed on its own.
He looked down, and stared at Dustin's hand. He looked down too, wondering what he was looking at.
He saw he was bleeding. He looked back up at him and hid his hand in his opened button down. Eddie's sclera quickly turned into a dark black, and his charming brown eyes ran a deep red. "E-Eddie?" Dustin asked, scared.
Eddie growled and his ears pricked. He slowly approached Dustin, looming over him. Eddie grabbed his wrist, and stared at it, visibly thirsty. Dustin began to breathe hard.
He shoved his hand in his face and started to bite. Dustin shrieked and tried to push his face off. "Eddie!!" Dustin screamed. Steve quickly looked up at the door outside the trailer, worried. Eddie tried to resist Dustin's efforts, but soon failed as Dustin successfully pulled away. Dustin's eyes began to water as he looked up at Eddie. He began to sob.
Eddie's eyes went back as he looked down at his hands, his claws unsheathed. He wiped his mouth and looked back up at Dustin, devastated. "D-Dust.." He couldn't even muster up his name. He began to cry as he burst through the door, and sprinted into the woods.
"Ed-.. Dustin?!" Steve said. He rushed into the trailer to find him barely hurt, but crying from the fright Eddie had put upon him.