Chapter 6

"Eddie!" Steve yelled, aimlessly walking through the woods. Eddie turned his head and looked up at him. "Eddie.." Steve whispered.
He kneeled down, and finally looked him in the eyes. He had noticed his mouth was still bloodied from what he did to Dustin, but he couldn't stop licking it, no matter how disgusted in himself he became.
"Oh, Eddie.." Steve hugged him. Eddie hugged him back and began sobbing into his shoulder. "Are you ok..?" Steve asked. Eddie couldn't talk, not even between each sob.
"Hey, hey, calm down, it's ok. Just talk to me." Steve wiped his tears with his thumb. Eddie looked him in the eye, his pupils enlarged. "I-.. I.. Hurt.. Dustin, didn't I?!" Eddie finally mustered. "Eddie, no he's fine, it was barely anything!" Eddie fell onto him, wrapping his arms again, and was unable to be torn off. Steve sighed, relieved he found him, but also upset that this happened. "Come on."
Steve let out his hand for Eddie. He wiped his tears, and then grabbed his hand, pulling himself up. He sniffled, as Steve put his hand in between his shoulders, comforting him.

They walked out of the bushes, greeted with 3 relieved faces. Mike and Lucas ran to hug him after hearing what happened. "We're so glad you're still here Eddie." Mike said. "You're still you, and nothing will change that." Lucas followed.
Eddie almost started to cry again after feeling the warm welcome he wished he had before. They let go of him, and Eddie looked up at Dustin, sitting, looking at his wrist.
He walked up to him, and ripped some of his shirt off, tying it around his wrist. Eddie looked back up at Dustin, and was startled by the immediate tight hug Dustin gave him. Eddie chuckled and hugged him back.
"I'm so sorry, Dustin." Eddie said, tired. "It's ok. I forgive you. I always will." Dustin replied.