Chapter 4

Eddie approached a park and pointed out the swing. He said that's where he used to sit when he thought of them.
After about an hour, they settled down on rotting logs in front of a fire. Eddie was telling a story, a story about how he found out he was a vampire. Steve and Dustin were actually quite amused and never lost attention.
"And then, a Demogorgon came out of the bushes." Eddie said with a grin. "I jumped at it, and ripped its throat out!" He said proudly. "He was so scared he ran away. And that was the last I saw of it."
"Do you think it died afterwards?" Dustin asked. "I doubt it. I mean, I just barely scared it." He said. Eddie heard trees shaking their leaves against an entity. Footsteps getting closer had made Eddie anxious.
He blew out what the fire had left, and got up. "I think we should head back now. It doesn't sound like we need to be out here much longer." He said, nervously checking his surroundings.
Eddie stepped over the log and Steve and Dustin followed. They passed the park, and passed the trees. They stood in an open glade, and Eddie turned his head behind him. Steve and Dustin noticed he stopped moving and turned around. "What's wrong?" Steve asked. "You guys just keep going." Eddie said, never breaking his vision on the trees.
"Uh, ok.." Steve said. "C'mon." He said quietly. Dustin followed. They only got about 4 feet before they heard Eddie shift his position behind them. They turned around and saw Eddie in an intimidating stance, yards away from a Demogorgon. As soon as Steve and Dustin saw it, they inaudibly gasped.
Eddie started growling as the Demogorgon prodded at the ground with its left hand. It scraped the land with its back leg, and charged. Eddie set his foot back, and unsheathed his claws.
The Demogorgon came at Eddie, full charge on all fours. After a couple seconds, Eddie stormed off after it. As soon as they got 3 feet away from each other, the Demogorgon rose and twisted its upper half, slashing down on Eddie.
He dodged the Demogorgon and came up behind it, jumping at its upper half. He balanced on its back as it roared, unraveling its 5 lips.
Steve subtly got in front of Dustin, watching Eddie, frozen. "Eddie!" Dustin yelled. Eddie looked up at him, and made eye contact. The face he made assured Dustin that he was going to be okay.
Eddie continued to rip at the Demogorgon's neck and back as it struggled to fling him off. He finally got a grip and threw him back down, sending him sliding towards Steve and Dustin. He roared and took a step forward with his arms in front of the two. The Demogorgon roared back.
The Demogorgon got closer, and Eddie realized he had himself and the two cornered. He hesitated and thought, but soon grabbed the two of them and put them in each of his arms, in front of him.
Dustin and Steve flinched and screamed as the Demogorgon charged after the three. Eddie ducked his head between Steve and Dustin, and groaned. They looked up, and saw almost a black tarp cover them. It was Eddie's wings. The Demogorgon slashed and tore at the wings, but never fully got through to Steve and Dustin.
Eddie rose his head out of his wings and roared at the Demogorgon, but it slashed at his face, sending his head back into his wings.
After about a minute or two of the beast attempting to tear through, it gave up, and walked off. After it turned its body, Eddie flew up and down back onto the Demogorgon, and ripped and tore at its throat. Finally, he got to the last tendon, and tore with all his might, pulling with his jaw, and pushing with his hands, sending the Demogorgon's head into the air. Eddie jumped back to the ground as the dead body fall lifeless behind him.
Eddie wiped his mouth and fell to the ground, his wings horribly damaged, and the slash on his face bleeding uncontrollably. Steve got up from a crouch and rushed to Eddie. He picked up his head and tried to wake him up. "Eddie! Eddie are you okay?!" Steve shouted. "He's breathing." Dustin said, panicked. Steve looked at Dustin, then back at Eddie. He ripped his shirt and tied it tightly around Eddie's face where his wound was.
Steve urged Dustin to help him with Eddie, putting each arm on each of their shoulders.