Chapter 7

The moon began to rise, and they were all pretty tired. Since there were no beasts around, they decided to sleep in The Upside Down.
Lucas and Mike slept on the couch, Dustin slept in a bed, Steve slept on the floor, and Eddie slept on his bed.
Steve woke up at around one am, and couldn't fall back asleep. He decided to watch a little tv, but it wouldn't turn on. He peeked into Eddie's room, and noticed he had a long pillow behind him, and a small pillow in his hands, covering his face.
Steve walked into his room, carefully removed the big pillow, and replaced it with himself. He never would have thought, but he slept the best he ever did with Eddie.

Eddie woke up and noticed Steve accidentally put his arm around him. Eddie never realized how comfortable it could've been. He slowly removed his arm and left the bed. He silently walked out of the trailer.
Eddie looked around and smelled something interesting far from his right. He started to walk that way, and found a creature, ripe for the taking.

"Eddie?" Steve said. He got up and looked around the house. Everyone was still asleep, besides the two.
He walked out and looked around. He heard something in the bushes and checked to see what it was.
There, he found Eddie all slumped over, eating his breakfast. Eddie looked up. He quickly wiped his mouth and threw the creature down. "Sorry! I didn't think you'd be up so early.." He said. Aside from watching Eddie completely devour a still live animal, he smiled.
"What?" Eddie asked. Steve didn't realize he was still looking at him. He cleared his throat. "Sorry, I think we should get going." Steve looked in the direction of the gate.

Everyone got their things and walked towards the gate. "Ok, I'll go first and make sure you all get through safely." Steve said.
"I'll go in last." Eddie said. He stayed sitting in the bushes. "Well, come on." Steve said. After all, it didn't take that long.
"Eddie, you're going with us right?" Steve asked. "Eddie?" Eddie made a shameful face. "Eddie, come on." Steve said. "I-.."
"You what?" Steve said. "Come on!" He exclaimed. Dustin frowned. "I can't.." Eddie hung his head, unable to look at them.
"What do you mean you can't?" Steve asked. "I can't go through. I'll die. Something is keeping me here." Eddie said, never looking up at them. Steve's eyebrows lowered.
"Eddie, come on. It's not funny. ..Eddie?.." Dustin asked. "I'll just make sure you guys go through safe." Eddie finally made eye contact with Dustin.
"Eddie." Dustin started to cry as he tilted his head. "I'm sorry bud." Eddie almost started to cry too.
"You told me you would come! You told me!" Steve shouted. "I know, I just.." Eddie tried to explain himself out of it, but he was tired of explaining. He just wanted his life back. Steve shed a single tear, and that was it. He stormed off onto the rim of the gate.
"You're coming right?" Steve asked the kids. "Y-yeah.." Lucas said. Mike stayed silent. Steve jumped in, followed by Mike and Lucas. Dustin stayed behind.
He turned to look at Eddie. He looked at him back. They hugged once more, and Eddie was the one with the tight grip that time. "Promise me you'll always visit, kid. I can't go another three weeks without you."
"I promise. I really do. I'll come see you every night." Dustin said. Eddie smiled as he cried. "You should head back now. I expect to see you soon." He said with a smile. "I do too." Dustin said. He jumped in, and Eddie was lonesome once again.

But, what Eddie didn't know was, Dustin lied.