☁️Elmax- skating☁️

sorry, I've been gone for a long time I haven't been able to think of anything, and also grieving over Eddie but yeah here you go. (Max and Lucas aren't together El and mike arent together and the California crew is still in Hawkins.) (they're 18)

TW: falling??????? smoking, gay shit 

Max POV

     shit.

     I woke up this morning, well, technically night it's 1:00 am. The nightmares have calmed down since getting out of the hospital but they're still bad, all I could see was Vecna, me almost dying, and Eleven getting murdered. an array of things happening, bad things, to my loved ones the doctors said there would be a possibility of me being blind, thankfully i wasn't but sometimes I wish I was for that very reason. 

     I picked up my walkie-talkie and tried to see if anyone was online "hello?" I whisper yelled, but I got no reply. "damnit is anyone there?" there was a moment of silence before a small hello came through "El?" I heard a quiet 'mhm' "oh thank goodness I needed to talk to someone. can you meet me outside hoppers cabin?" "yes, but what if I get caught?" I smiled. I like listening to her talk, "look, ill meet you at your window, make sure to pack your skates and another pair of clothes." I turned my walkie-talkie off and ran to my closet to do the same but instead of skates, I grabbed a skateboard. 

     I let erica paint on the bottom of it, she painted pictures of dragons and people from our group. even a small 'rip Eddie' near the bottom with a portrait of him, he had given me his entire stash of weed which was like 50 pounds of weed. I don't know how I haven't been caught with it. I asked her to bring an extra pair of clothes so she wouldn't smell like weed when she went home. I can imagine it now, hopper's face, mikes face, it's hilarious but also a little worrying. I put all of my things into a duffle bag and hopped out of my window, I had an extra pair of clothes, weed, a first aid kit (el is still learning), my skateboard, and my walkie-talkie. 

     I laid my skateboard on the ground and pushed off letting the cold night breeze hit my face, I loved nights like this. especially when the lights on our street are out and the stars shine even brighter. El liked looking at them too, she likes learning about space, she likes learning about how hot stars are, and then she gets sad about how shell never be able to hold one. it makes me laugh every time. I finally reached the dirt road and picked up my skateboard, I threw it over my shoulder. I ran straight threw the woods finally seeing a small orange light. our rule was that if we ever plan on leaving or sneaking out that she was to leave the desk lamp on. 

      I tapped on her window 3 times before she pulled back the curtain and smiled she waved and I waved back. she pulled up her window slowly so it wouldn't make a noise "hello max!" she whispered peaking her head out I smiled and cupped her face in my hands smiling like an idiot in love. "hey El! alright toss me your bag." she threw her bag into my arms and then climbed out. we walked a few minutes before I started talking "alright, do you wanna go to the place near the train tracks or the old sewage drains?" she thought for a second "I would like to go to the train tracks, I like the wind when the train comes by!" 

     I laughed, when we finally made it to the road she went to grab her skates but I stopped her. "here get on my skateboard so you don't have to mess anything up. she stood on the skateboard, she t-posed so she could keep her balance, when I finally got on I held her hips and pushed off "Oh my god!" she yelled we were going really fast down the hill, it was short. the only thing I was focused on was my hands, the rested on the curve of her hip, her shirt was flying in the wind so I could lay them on her soft skin. "Max look!" I was pulled out of my thoughts to see us right next to the train, going a little slower but we were keeping up with it. 

     "Woohoo!" she screamed she put her arms out again the wind flowing around us. I stopped my skateboard so she could stand beside the train "look how fast it is max!" she stood right next to it dangerously close if you ask me but whatever, she could probably stop it if she wanted to. the train finally came to an end letting us cross the tracks. we walked up a steep hill before looking over to see if there was anyone. the only people there were a couple making out at the other side of the park. "thank goodness, the last time I was here there were like 1,000 people." I rolled my eyes and slid down the grassy hill. "really 1,000 people?!" I chuckled looking back at her "no no no, it's an exaggeration." she nodded and slid our bags down the hill.

     when we reached the bottom of one of the pits I started rolling a blunt "hey max" I looked up stopping what I was doing. "could I try smoking this time?" I smiled from ear to ear "of course! I've been waiting for you to ask!" I scooted across the ground to sit beside her, I lit it and took a drag from it, I blew it towards the sky. "okay so, put it up to your lips" she did what I told her to "okay now suck in" she did that, she started coughing. she clutched her chest "Hey, hey El look at me."  she looked up, there were tears in her eyes. "alright take deep breath" she coughed one more time before taking a staggered deep breath and letting it out with another cough. 

     "okay keep doing that ill grab you some water." I crawled over to our bags and grabbed 2 bottles of water "here" I gave it to her and she took a second before opening it and taking a sip. "I'm sorry." I said not really knowing why I said it, guess I just feel bad. "it's ok Max, I asked to try, and I can always try again!" I smiled "y'know El I..." she's so pretty, she's got big brown sort of amber eyes, you could look into them all day. 

"I love you."

 *
  *
   *
    *

"really?" 

     we stared for a while "i- I mean yeah, you're always there for me. you saved my life, you were friends with me when I was so mean to you. I really do love you." she smiled and lunged at me "i love you too Max." she squeezed me tightly, after a while she released me and looked at me like she was going to cry "your already a better person than mike." we both burst out into laughter and stood up to skate. she wanted to work on one of the bigger slopes, but she fell a bunch of times. this is why I carry a first aid kit, after the 100th time falling we went to the underside of the bridge to change into clothes that didn't smell like weed. I finished first and turned around, I saw her pulling down her shirt and immediately turned around.

     God, she's beautiful, and I'm a creep. "alright I'm ready!" she turned around and our eyes locked "Max? are you going to be sick? your face is very red." I laughed "n-no it's nothing, come on I need to get you home, it's already 4:00 am." we sprinted back to her place, and we somehow got there around 4:45. hopper woke up around 5:45 am for work, so we made it back just in time. "thank you again El, for going with me." she smiled and laughed "I love doing things like that with you, Max!" she was hanging out of her window "alright well... bye El." I turned to walk back but she grabbed my arm "wait!" I turned around. 

     she pulled me closer "I love you." then she did something I honestly never thought she'd do. she kissed me, and I was stunned. she pulled away "I-I'm sorry i shouldn't have do-" I stopped her by putting my finger to her lips. "do it again." she smiled and pulled me forward by my face, and she kissed me again. While she kissed me I climbed through her window so I didn't have to be on my tip toes anymore, she pulled away from me and we laughed "can I stay a while?" she smiled and we sat on her bed, and we continue to kiss. 

if yall want a smut part 2 ill make it. I'll probably make it  AND I WILL STILL DO THE DUSTIN X ERICA SMUT I PROMISE

final word count: 1542