ONE

VALERIE
───────────

"How bad can your test results be?" Audrey, my best friend pat my back for reassurance as everyone had received their test papers back. Except me.

"Valerie, will you please stay behind after class." My science teacher had said out loud. There goes my plan for binge watching netflix. Down the damn drain.

Everyone decided to turn and look at me, they noticed I was the only one without my paper.

Audrey sighs whilst throwing her paper in her backpack. "I spoke way too soon." She whispered.

I was passing in all my classes however Science had always been my weakness, I could never seem to wrap my head around it.

The bell had rung signalling it was the end of the day. Not exactly for me.

Audrey whispered a quick Good luck with her thumbs up as she left the classroom. Leaving me all alone.

I got up from my seat and sat on the chair that was placed directly opposite my teachers desk.

She held out a test paper. My test paper.

She placed it in front of me, as I stared at the paper, my eyes directly went to look for the grade.

I stared at the marked paper seeing the letter D written in red. a fucking D.

I failed. As expected.

"Valéria," She started. My birth name.

She was serious about this.

"I think it's best for you to find a tutor," I was going to cut her off and tell her I didn't need any help but she beat me to it.

"Before you refuse, I just want you to give it a try, How about you do it for a month and if you still think your better off without one then I won't force you." Her tone sounded dismayed.

I raised a brow, motioning for her to carry on. A smile came into sight, she carried on talking.

"I have someone to tutor you, it took a lot for me to convince him but eventually he agreed."

Why would anyone refuse to tutor me? I wasn't close with anyone other then a few people, I never done anyone wrong in this school and I kept to myself even though my twin brother was known.

A knock was heard on the door and she told person to enter the classroom.

Be nice. she whispered with a plead, why would I be rude to anyone?

That was when a tall figure had walked in, His hands in his uniform trousers and his shirt was so crisp that there wasn't one crease, His blazer fitted his arms nicely.

His dark hair was wavy and his green eyes locked with mines and it felt like my stomach was in my mouth.

It was definitely not Who I was expecting. It was one of the guys from the basketball team. Popular, introverted and one of my brothers close friends.

He was on the basketball team with my brother.

He stood beside me and I was the first to break the eye contact when the teacher had spoken up.

"Aaron, you will be tutoring Valerie from tomorrow, I am expecting the two of you to get along, you will tutor Valerie for a month and if at the end of the month she decides she doesn't want to continue then it's her choice."

Aaron was still standing beside me and began nodding his head indicating he understood the 'rules'.

My gaze suddenly turned to him and I realised he wasn't staring at the teacher, he was looking at me.

The teacher dismissed the two of us as I had closed the door behind me, he was still standing there.

"I'll tutor you at my house, tomorrow." His voice was deep and captivating, he spoke in a calm tone.

I didn't talk instead I responded with a light nod. "I don't know your address." I somehow managed to say.

He takes his phone out from the side of his trousers and hands it to me, gesturing for me to add my number.

I quickly punched in my number, naming the contact with just Valerie. I handed his phone back to him and his cold touch brushed over my hands.

He eyed his phone. I was wondering what was so interesting. "Just Valerie? That's a bit boring, love." The way my name rolled of his tongue was hypnotic.

I was also offended at the thought that he said my name was somehow boring.

"How so?" I asked the tall brunette.

"Princess sounds better." His eyes shift from his phone to me as he sees my eyes widen.

"I'm joking, princess." A chuckle escaped his lips as I furrowed my brows.

"You're meant to be a tutor. Not some joker." The note of sarcasm filled my voice.

This was going to be hard.