FIFTEEN

VALERIE

HIS girlfriend. i did not expect him to say that. It takes everything for me to not show any signs of that being a lie.

"Oh how lovely. What's your name dear?" Aaron's mother smiles and asks me politely as she walks closer towards me.

"Valerie Lare." I answer her. God I couldn't have made it more obvious that I was nervous. Seriously I wasn't even his real girlfriend and I was nervous about the sudden claim that i'm his supposed girlfriend.

His father doesn't say a word. He just stares at me with a raised brow. It made me feel intimidated, however i'm sure my body language told everyone in this room that i'm not intimidated in the slightest.

"How long do the two of you plan on dating before getting married?" Aaron's father smiles but his words had dripped with anger? I'm not sure whatever that time was, it didn't sound too good.

I stop myself from widening my eyes as I wait for Aaron to answer his question because i'm certain if I open my mouth it wouldn't be a good response.

"We're not sure, father. But my plan is to marry her eventually." My stomach does that weird feeling. It's just for show, Valerie. Get a grip.

"Eventually." His father repeats with such mockery. "I doubt she'd wait for you to marry her, you'd better hurry up." God, his father really needed a kick up the ass or something. I've never met or heard someone this up tight.

Aaron's fists clench in anger as he opens his mouth to speak but I place my hand on his, shaking my head telling him not to speak.

Aaron's mothers gaze turns to me as her eyes tell me that she apologises for her husbands behaviour. I simply nod.

I don't tolerate disrespect but for this plan or bet to work we need to have the parents be aware of our relationship and for their to be a relationship we need approval.

"Excuse me. I'd better get home before my parents start to worry. It was lovely meeting you." I say to his parents but i'm mostly talking to his mum as it was a displeasure meeting her ill-mannered husband.

Aaron stands up along with me and grabs his keys from his back pocket as we leave the house. Silence accompanies the air around us when we get inside the car.

Aarons the one who breaks it. "Listen. I'm sorry for how my father reacted. He's not exactly the happy type." Aaron's fingers reach over to my hands that are sat on my thighs.

He starts circling my hand as I let him speak. "He's actually the reason why I started this bet with you."

My eyes meet his in a flash. What. The. Hell.

"What?" My full attention was on Aaron. He stopped circling my hand as I shifted my body to look at him.

"Listen to me, please?" I nod hesitantly. Surely it cannot be that bad?

"My father desperately wants me to get married for his own pathetic reasons. I don't want too, not yet at least. In order for him to get the fuck away from my life I need him to believe I have a girlfriend. So he can stop with the entire arrange marriage idea." Aaron explains and I feel the anger in my body decrease every second.

"What if he expects us to get married now or something, Aaron? What are we going to do?" Panic rushes through my mind and I can't help but think how stupid this was.

"He won't. I won't let him force us. This is just so he'll back off."

Fuck. I really hoped he was right because getting married at nearly 18 was not what I had hoped for my future.

 I really hoped he was right because getting married at nearly 18 was not what I had hoped for my future

Honestly I don't even have an excuse to why I haven't written in nearly a month. I've had the summer holidays off and I just got so caught up in reading physical books that I forgot to update my own.