NINE

AARON
───────────

MY FINGERS TRACE OVER Valerie's sketch. Not just any drawing, it was a sketch of me. I'm flattered she thinks about me whenever I'm not in her presence.

Placing her sketch in my drawer which I admit, her drawing skills are very impressive.

I grab my car keys as I make my way down the uneventful amount of stairs in this house, I come to a stop when I hear my fathers voice.

"He's 18 Katherine, for Gods sake he's turning 19 in a few weeks." My father bites out his words like pure venom.

"He's still young, Roman! I refuse to let you repeat the same mistake again and let you get my son married off." Mother practically begs Father to spare me as if she's asking for him to spare my life instead of my future. Although my entire life is my future.

"I've given him enough time to find himself a suitable women but he just rejects the whole idea of marriage." My back leans against the wall as they argued in his office, the door was left slightly open, enough for me to eavesdrop.

"This is pathetic. I want my children to be happy and if he refuses to get married at 19 then so be it." Mother excuses herself and leaves the office as I stand in my place and let her notice me. Tears form in her eyes and my fists clench as I fight the urge to walk into Romans office.

"Your brother and his wife are coming next week friday, chéri." She smiles through her tears as I give a firm nod and leave the house in rage.

I entered the school gates and parked my car into my parking spot that's been reserved for me for forever

I meet up with Aiden and Xaden. They stop talking once they see my scowl and it wasn't my normal one. "Wake up on the wrong side of the bed, Ace?" Xaden jokes and I raise a brow.

"Nah, just Roman." I mutter under my breath, Calling him father is not something he deserves in any way.

"Fuck. He isn't letting this marriage business go huh?" Aiden shakes his head and tells me that Roman will eventually change his mind one day.

"Why is he in a rush to get you married?" Xaden asks whilst sipping his coffee.

"He's a money hungry bastard. Marriages just business to him, he receives a small amount of fortune from the woman's family which means millions to him."

The bell rings signalling that it's time for class. As we all leave I forget that I had left my phone in my car and tell the two of them to go without me to class.

I walk towards my car and unlock it, my body is halfway in the car when I feel a warm presence behind me and that's when I feel myself getting hit in the back with a backpack.

"What the hell-" I look behind me to see little miss princess looking more than beautiful in her uniform. "Good morning, princesse." I raise my arm onto the top of the car door and slant against it.

"Where is it?" She questions me.

"Where is what?" Her eyes squint and she lifts her finger to my chest and pokes it.

"Do not lie to me. Tell me where my sketch is." She demands and I have to admit she looks- Shut the fuck up.

"Oh right that, I have it." She looks at me confusingly. This time I question her, "What?"

"You're not even going to try and lie about not having it?" Her eyes roll back and I heard her mutter a little 'of course'.

"No. I wouldn't lie about that."

"Great! Now give it back." I wonder why she wants it back so bad, but I'm not going to give it back to her this easy.

"Not just yet. You've seemed to have forgotten about our bet. Which I may have to remind you once again that I'm still waiting for you."

"Well you can continue to wait because you haven't told me what the bet is." It was obvious that was a lie and pretty much a cover up. Just to cover up the fact that she's been running away from the bet.

"Very well." I close the car door and lean against the car instead as she leans against the car opposite mines.

"You will be my fake girlfriend." It's not an offering it's a demand. A smirk tugs against my lips when I see the darkness overcome her face and she sends daggers to my face. If only looks could kill, I'd be a dead man.

 If only looks could kill, I'd be a dead man

do you think valerie will agree to the bet?

vote and comment! <3

i'm trying to update as much a i can.

also follow my titkok, miraheartsbooks for updates.