EIGHT

VALERIE
───────────

GAME ON Aaron Rhett. Game fucking on.

He still hasn't told me what his bet is and my guess is that it isn't a pretty bet. Whatever his deal is I really hope it doesn't reach my brothers ears.

"Valerie, someone's at the door." My brother rolls his eyes and opens a cabinet too grab a glass and pour his signature drink. Milk. Gross.

Judging by his tone it meant Audrey was finally here. No I didn't invite her over she comes whenever she pleases and I'm absolutely fine with it however my darling brother would rather choke on glass and swallow it then be around her.

Till this day ever since we were 14 I don't know what changed his mind about Audrey or what her mind changed about him. They were friends and suddenly stopped and decided to hate each other. Seriously, put them in one room and they'll both murder each other.

I open the door for her and she greets the team as well as greeting my brother with a death stare only.

"Ever tried fixing that staring problem of yours, Raines?" He addresses her with her last name because he's weird and was most definitely born the wrong way.

"Ever tried anger management, king? I heard it helps some people but i doubt it'll help and egotistic fuck like you." The team breaks out in laughter hearing Audrey put him in place.

"Cut it out both of you. I would rather spend my evening in peace." I roll my eyes and take Audrey's hand, making my way to the backyard.

Sitting on the lounge chairs that sit opposite the pool

Sitting on the lounge chairs that sit opposite the pool. I grab my sketch pad and suddenly my mind goes blank, for the past few months I've been getting art block.

My fingers grab the pencil and I start drawing a face that comes to mind. A well defined jawline comes to life, along with a sharp nose and a deep set of eyes, the lips are wide and big. I start drawing the hair and add dimples. Then I come to halt..

The drawing looked exactly like Aaron. No it was him. My mind was telling me to draw him..

"You finally starting to draw again? I've been dying to see another one of your drawings." Audrey's turns to me in excitement, the slight wind blew through her blonde hair.

She grabs the drawing from my grasp,

"Wait Audrey!" I try to stop her but it's to late because her face tells me what I need to know.

Her mouth is left wide open and her eyes shift to mines. "Is that who I think it is."

"No It's a random stranger that I met at a strip club."