THIRTEEN

AARON

FALL NIGHT was four days away. Four days till I can finally stop hiding my real self, I can finally feel free and stop putting up with this introverted, quite facade. I'm not quiet, I'm not gentle, I'm not someone who you can find comfort in. No. I only get one chance. Every year to show ShadowMoor who I really am.

Unfortunately the night doesn't last long, it's not enough for me to let every little bit of care and tension in mind go. If only Fall night was everyday I would be a monster.

That monster is waiting to be released right now. Ryder and Elena are testing my patience with their little games, I'm getting really fucking tired of Elena's bullshit.

Especially when she's been desperate to hook up with me. Apparently she's a good fuck. Whatever, I don't feel the need to fuck her ever. Or anyone as of right now, because if I do, it won't be gentle.

Anger flooded my veins when I heard Elena talking about ruining Fall Night. Normally I'd stand up and sort this out myself and it won't end up pretty.

But Valerie's grip on me is vicious. As if she knew how I'd react.

"Why are we in this shit hole Elena?" Ryder grits out in annoyance, swiping off dirt on his shoulder.

"It's not a shit hole. It belonged to my father in the 2000's it means a lot to him and to me."

"If he cared about it why is it disintegrating to pieces?"

"It was where he and my mother used to live when they had me, soon after my mother died, he didn't give a shit about the place and left it to shatter." Elena pours out her sob story, like I give a fuck.

Or maybe I do. I could use Elena's pathetic story to my advantage. Valerie let's out a little shriek when I pull her up, walking out of the room and making our way out of this maze of a house to her car.

"What the fuck? I was busy eavesdropping!" Valerie rolls her eyes when I push her into her car and shut the door but she rolls down the window.

"Do you have a plan. Stronzo?"

I smirk at her and her nickname for me. "When do I not have one, Belle?"

"See you on Fall night." She says rolling up her window. Wait what?

I put my hand in the window and she immediately lets go of the button. "You're not coming with us."

She narrows her eyes in annoyance. "I am. I'm old enough to make my own decisions." Her arms cross against her chest.

"If I see you at Fall night, I swear to God I'll-" I stop myself mid sentence before I say something stupid.

"Do I hear a threat?" Valerie smirks and I want nothing more than to wipe it off her lips.

"You tell me. Do you want to know what'll happen when you don't listen to me?"

"I guess we'll find out." And with that she starts the car and drives off in full speed.

Merde.