ELEVEN

AARON
───────────

SHE BROKE EYE CONTACT and rolled her eyes when she turned her gaze to the guy at the door who apparently wanted to have a dramatic entry.

I have no idea who he is but when I see Valerie grab her bag and run out of class I knew something was up.

It's like my mind knew it had something to do with the strange guy at the door.

Instantly I get up from my desk and walk towards the guy. "Mr Rhett. Please sit down. I will send some teachers to find Miss Myers." The teacher speaks and if I'm being quite honest I couldn't give zero fucks.

"What the fuck was that?" I walk up to him looking down whilst the blonde haired guy with glasses raises a brow.

"I suggest you mind your own business. Mr Rhett." He mocks and I don't think twice before shoving him to the ground and grabbing him by the collar.

"Speak to me like that ever again, and I guarantee you, you won't leave without a bruised face." The stranger realises I'm being serious and he raises his hands up in defence with a smile.

I push him back down on the ground making him grunt in pain before looking for Valerie. I call her several times but it's going straight to voicemail.

I scroll through my contacts until I find Aiden's name and call him. Aiden doesn't pick up until the third ring.

I don't waste any time and I start speaking.

"Valerie-" I get cut off by Aiden.

"She's with me, in our locker room." I end the call and hurriedly rush toward star locker room. When I reach there my eyes search for her until I see Aiden beside her, she's on the ground with her knees to her chest, her face buried in her arms.

She looks shaken up and I don't know what to do, I feel useless when I don't even know what's happening.

"Valerie." I brush a strand of her hair behind her ear and she looks up as she flinches at my touch.

Aiden breathes in and starts speaking. About fucking time.

"The guy you seen was Valerie's.. ex." the words that left his mouth made me clench my jaw hard.

He was never hers, and he most certainly deserves that beating I promised to give him if he ever spoke to me in that tone. Fuck that he's getting battered till he screams for forgiveness even then I wouldn't stop.

"He's done some stuff that has traumatised her and I really thought he was never going to step foot in this city ever again, However it seems I was wrong and now I'll do anything to get that bastard far away from my sister." 

"I won't let him get to me the way I just did now, I showed him that he still affects me and he's amused by it." She stares up with her reddened eyes.

"You're not going back there." Aiden says as she stands up.

"I am. It's time I get over the fucker ruining my life." She fixes her smudged mascara and takes a deep breath in before making her way back to class.