Chapter 5: Conversation And Lullaby

It's been a week since Kagome had moved into her brothers' mansion, she had a brief encounter with a human girl named Yui Komori and became good friends. The two girls got along just fine. Yui thought Kagome was such a nice and sweet person because of the gold in her heart. So was Yui who has the gold of heart, too. Kagome actually makes a new friend with Sebastian the butler who brought her to the Sakamaki's Mansion. All three of them, Kagome, Yui, and Sebastian, got along very well.

Apparently, Kagome talked a bit to her older brothers. They knew she was too shy to speak to them. But she wasn't that shy. She was that nervous when they'll plan something to do to her. But Reiji can handle this and watch over his brothers for a while. Kagome thought Shu was supposed to watch over them because he's the eldest son, but all he does to listen to music on earbuds. How come the elder brother was supposed to watch over them? It doesn't matter.

Kagome was told by Reiji when he was a child, he has been neglected by his mother, the second wife of her father, for Shu. Ever since he was a child, he wanted his mother to be very proud and notice him, but all she cares about is Shu. Until then, when Reiji grew up, he had killed his mother for neglecting and ignoring him. Kagome felt bad for her older brother. She could be the one to be supportive of him. Kagome needed to be supportive of both of her elder brothers; Reiji and Shu. She talked to Reiji a bit so that they could get along like she did to Yui and Sebastian. Although, she thought Reiji acted like a butler like Sebastian.

According to Ayato, he reminded him of Inuyasha. She wanted to argue with her older brother for being rude to her, but she didn't want to go through this again just like she always had a fight with Inuyasha. But it was just a good memory. Also, she wanted to have a good life as well. Kagome wanted to make sure to stay on his good side, so he won't be angry and argue with her. Even though, calling her a 'raven girl' made her annoyed and hothead. Ayato tried to be a good brother to Kagome, but some other brothers will never get along because Yui has told her before. She knew he'll never get along with his own half-sister as well. Literally reminds her of Inuyasha and Sesshomaru who don't get along as well.

Right now, she entered the dining room and see all of her brothers sitting on the chair beside the table and waiting for Kagome to have arrived. Yui was here as well, waiting for her, too. Kagome looked at the table and see there is a lot of Japanese food. She knew it looks and delicious.

Kagome sat on the chair and smelled the air of the food. "It smells good," she murmured. "Who cooked the dinner?"

"It's Chief Jonatha. But his name is Zephyr Jonathan. He works for the Sakamaki Mansion and makes us breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We offered him to do his job as a chief," Reiji told the young half-vampire girl.

"What if he takes a break from cooking?" Kagome asked curiously.

"Then we'll let him take a day off and give him some paycheck for his job," Reiji said, replacing his glasses.

"I see," she said.

"So, Kags," Laito said with a smooth smile and a bit of blush. "What did you study abroad?"

Kagome glanced down her icy blue eyes and began to respond, "Um... well, I studied art and history, but I don't do the math."

"And why not, Kagome?" Reiji asked her curiously.

"Because I'm trying so hard to understand it, but with the shard hunting that it makes it impossible to remember everything," Kagome said and deeply sighed in frustration.

"I see," Reiji muttered.

"Kagome, why do you do 'the shard hunting'?" Yui asked her curiously.

"Do you hate math?" Kanato asked as he lift Teddy up and make it stare at his sister.