Chapter 8: Dream

Dream

It was dark and the lights were out from the mansion. Kagome slowly opened her eyes and saw the figure woman with long black ocean blue eyes who looked familiar to her. She widened her icy blue eyes and recognized who she is. It was her mother, Harumi Higurashi.

"Mom?" Kagome blinked her eyes in shock. Am I really dreaming? Did I return to Tokyo?

Her mother, Harumi, wore her black-and-white Gothic Lolita with long white socks and black shoes. She also wore her red lipsticks. Kagome didn't know she wears makeup, but she was just wearing red lipstick. It just reminded her of when Inuyasha's mother, Princess Izayoi, wore her red lipstick and she was even more beautiful than any other women. Harumi looked younger around Kagome's age.

But she doesn't look that old. She looked beautiful, but she was just my age, Kagome thought, staring at her mother.

"Lady Harumi!"

Kagome heard a voice calling out her mother's name. She blinked her eyes in confusion. Lady Harumi!? she thought. Wait... is she...?

"Hello, Mikoto," Harumi greeted her kindly with a smile. "How are you today?"

"Oh, I'm fine, Harumi," Mikoto said with a smile. "How about you?"

"I'm doing great! Thank you for asking. So, what happened?" Harumi said.

Mikoto looked away. "Oh... nothing much, Lady Harumi."

"Now wait," another figure shouted as Kagome, Harumi, and Mikoto heard him interrupting their conversation. "Let's not try to rush things here."

"What's going on, Mikoto?" Harumi asked.

"I don't know, My Lady. Let's find out," Mikoto said as they all entered the living room and see Harumi's father was having a meeting with another man. Kagome noticed it was her grandfather. His name is Namito Uzukaze. She knew her mother used to be part of the Uzukaze Family when she wasn't married to someone. Kagome learned everything about her grandfather who owned the mansion house. Her grandfather's hair is black, his eyes are green, and he even wears his dark blue and white suit with a red tie. Kagome knew he was a kind man.

"I'm afraid we did not have any choice, Uzukaze," the brown-haired man said.

Harumi began to interrupt their meeting. "Father, what's going on in there?"

Namito gave her a fake smile, "It's nothing, dear," he answered. "It was just a meeting. You and Mikoto can go outside to the garden."

Harumi nodded as she felt worried about her father. The two teenage girls went outside and continued their conversations.

It all faded away when Kagome was surrounded by the darkness. As she was spinning ingredients around and didn't see anything, she spotted her mother and Mikoto heading back to the mansion and talk with Namito.

"Harumi, we need to talk," Namito muttered, sounding a bit disappointed. "Mr. Nakamura and I have a meeting about our business. But there is something you must know."

She gleamed her beautiful ocean blue eyes curiously. "What is it, Father?"

"Your daughter must marry to my son Yori," Mr. Nakamura interrupted, crossing his arms across his chest.

Harumi widened her eyes in surprise. "What!?"

Suddenly, Kagome watched her turn around and saw the man with raven-black hair and wine red Gothic Palace style suit. "Fine," he muttered, sounding so rude that Kagome didn't like him.

"But don't you think you were supposed to ask her first?" Namito questioned with a concerned look on his face.

"I'm sorry, but this is how we should take done," Mr. Nakamura replied.