the scapegoat.

( TW !! coercion, homophobic slurs.)

ACT ONE
the scapegoat.

ACT ONEthe scapegoat

   ARLO SAT QUIETLY, HIS HEAD LEANING BACKagainst the cold leather seat

against the cold leather seat. Him and Billy had been hanging out for hours, the hang out causing Arlo to feel mentally exhausted.

He blamed the exhaustion on the thoughts that ran rampant in his mind, despite the fact that wasn't the case. The real reason for his current shitty mentality being the boy sitting right next to him.

Billy Hargrove was a terrible person. While half the school knew it, there were two people who would never admit it.

One of those people being himself; the other spot was temporarily reserved for Arlo Leone.

After all, Arlo no longer felt like he had the room to pick who was and who wasn't shitty. He had slept with Billy when he was drunk. Arlo was the definition of shitty.

Even if the accusation was completely false.

The sound of approaching footsteps caused Arlo's head to turn sideways. His eyes catching onto Max's as she got closer to the car.

"Can't buy a bus ticket?" Max questioned Arlo, making a faint smile pull on the boy's lips.

"Can't pick better friends?" Arlo retorted, his eyes traveling to the boy who stood at the door of the arcade. His eyes seeming worried as they stared into Billy's car.

The response rendered Max silent, her eyes shooting to Billy who had also been staring at Lucas.

Arlo caught onto this, deciding to ignore it as he got out of the car. Letting Max take a seat in the back.

Her knees squished against her as Arlo pushed his seat back up. The boy being sure to mumble a quiet "Sorry." in response to the girl's uncomfortableness.