the child sacrifice.

ACT TWO
the child sacrifice.

ACT TWOthe child sacrifice

   ARLO HAD HIS BACK PRESSED against the metal chair, his eyes remaining trained on Steve as they spoke

Dustin had been in the lobby of the ice-cream shop, claiming he needed to wait there until Robin came back. Neither boys questioned it, instead deciding to stay in the break-room.

"I just think—if aliens weren't real, why would the government work so hard to deny their existence?"

"Because—Arlo, if aliens were real.. Don't you think they'd try to talk to us? Try to kidnap us? I don't know, man. I don't think they'd just be silent."

"They aren't silent, they abduct people constantly."

"All i'm saying is they haven't abducted me yet, that tells me all I need to know." Steve then shrugged, fully believing he had a solid point.

Arlo furrowed his eyebrows at his words, a sly smile appearing on his lips. "Yeah, yeah. 'Cause you're the top choice for aliens."

"I am! I mean, if they wanted to clone somebody..." Steve trailed off, gesturing to himself with his hand making Arlo shake his head.

"I don't know, man. They might want someone stronger, cooler."

Steve seemed taken back at the boy's words. "C'mere." He mumbled, softly pulling the boy's chair closer to him.

He then placed his palm onto Arlo's forehead, feeling his temperature. The temperature that only grew hotter at Steve's touch.

Arlo's face burned red at the touch, thankful that Steve hadn't mentioned it.

"Hm, no fever.. Must just be delusional then." Steve murmered, still not leaning away from Arlo. Their chairs only four inches away from one another now.

Before Arlo could reply, Dustin and Robin reentering the break room caused them to pull out of their temporary happiness.

Steve slightly scooted his chair away from Arlo when his friends entered, his attention now on Robin and Dustin.