Breakfast

Kirito's POV:

I woke up in my chilled sheets.

The clock I made on the wall read '5:54'. It was really early.

I usually had to get up early anyways, to do nothing as always.

I have to admit, I had a hard time falling asleep last night.

My mind raced around Yui and Asuna. I couldn't wait to see them today. I vowed that no matter what the council said to me, I would protect those two no matter what.

Between the cracks of my cotton curtains, the glow of the orange dawn sun peaked through.

"Tomorrow's clear sunny day..." I said to myself.

Asuna. I couldn't help but smile.

Oh my gosh what am I doing? I'm thinking about someone I don't even know.

I washed my face with cold water, then proceeded to dress myself properly.

This castle was quiet. Everyone wouldn't wake up till about 7. Which gave me some time to eat breakfast by myself or enjoy the fresh air.

I peeled open my door, hoping it wouldn't squeak too bad. I heard a gasp but it wasn't from me.

It came from small Yui who had also crept out of her room.

"Good morning." I whispered nicely.

"Good morning! Uh... your Majesty?" She became flustered.

"Ahhh. No need for formal greetings. Call me whatever you'd like."

She nodded. Her tummy growled, she rubbed her stomach in circles to soothe the ache.

I put a finger to my lips, signaling to her to stay quiet, then motioned her to follow me.

We slowly walked down a hall to get to the kitchen. Even when breakfast wasn't prepared, there was still warm bread rolls and milk to snack on.

Yui struggled to keep up with my strides. Without me looking, she held onto my hand.

A warmth filled my chest. I couldn't explain it. I had said this to Asuna too. They feel like family to me. Yui felt like my own child... I sound ridiculous. It's probably because she's the youngest child I've been around like this.

In the kitchen there were warmed rolls under a hot light. I grabbed a bread basket, which had cloth to insulate the bread, and shoved a bunch of rolls inside.

"Woooow" Yui sighed in her small voice.

I snagged a bottle of milk, a couple of glasses, and crept us back to our rooms.

Yui grabbed my hand again to guide me to her and Asuna's room. My plan was to eat a roll then leave, but this works too.

She opened the door. The first thing I saw was Asuna sitting up in bed, staring out their window. Her long ginger hair spilled over her bare shoulders. Her pale pink satin nightgown brought out the rosatia in her cheeks and lips. Long brown eyelashes batted softly at me.

"Good Morning, Asuna".

"Good Morning, King Kirito.". Her soft spoken voice had almost made me drop everything.

"Ah... no need for the formal greeting. You guys can call me 'Kirito'." I desperately wanted to scratch the back of my neck in embarrassment.

Asuna patted the bed, I sat.

"I wanna try one!" Yui jumped to Asuna's side and put her hands out for a roll.

"Here you go, Yui. Be careful not to make a mess, there's sweet cream on the inside." I warned.