The Rose Garden

Kirito's POV:

I rushed to put on my clothes. Eugeo watched in amusement.

I put on my all black casual knight uniform. And smothered my splash musk all over my neck.

"How do I look?" I turn to Eugeo.

"Like a king." He said earnestly.

He helped straighten my collar.

"I'm so nervous. I've gotta see her." My hands jitter.

"May I remind you, she did not tell you the information I just shared and it may have been for a reason..."

Damn. It wasn't confirmed that I was Kazuto either. I could be making this up in my head.

"I still want to see her. Do I smell nice?"

"You smell like a man, with a hint of mint."

Good enough.

"Ok I'm off. You should go hang out with Alice." I wink and jet.

"HEY!" I hear him exclaim from my room.

I run into Ronye and Tiese in the hall.

"Have you guys seen Asuna or Yui?"

The shook their head. I continue power walking down these long ass halls that I now noticed. Why were they so long?

I run into Sinon who walked along my old buddy Klein. He was in charge of the army that policed citizens and kept crime low around the palace.

"Have you guys seen Asuna?" I ask out of breath.

"You mean that hot chick in the Rose Garden? Klein said with no filter.

"Klein, you think everyone is hot. I need more details."

"The ginger girl whom no one has seen before?" Sinon asked which let me know he was talking about Asuna.

"Thanks! See ya!" I rush past them.

I burst through the back castle gate, which led to our exquisite gardens.

I stop to inhale and prepare myself to see her. I fix my bangs and straighten my posture.

I walk slow and look for the beautiful girl in the corners of the garden. When I made it to the rose portion, on a bench in a flowy white skirt sat Asuna who gazed at the nature around her.

Instantly my stomach dropped. I do not have the courage to do this right now but my mind doesn't care.

"Asuna..." I call out softly.

She whips her head to me. Although relieved, she looks afraid of me.

I sit carefully on the bench next to her. I kept a respectful distance, mostly so I could admire her.

"Oh... is dinner ready?" She asked not making eye contact with me.

I felt awful about how I responded to her. I wish I never yelled at her. I don't want her to be scared of me.

"No. I wanted to talk to you."

I watched her twirl her hair as a distraction. She stared at her ends as if they were interesting.

"Yes, your majesty.". She was completely isolating herself from me. Got it.

"No need for the formalities, Asuna."

"I'm sorry. And I'm sorry for making you feel like you had to become king again. I know how much you hate it."

That's why she was shying away from me? Not because I'm the big bad meanie?