Monster

Kirito's POV:

My heart remained dormant in the pit of my rib cage.

It was always so push and pull between Asuna and I. I'm always hurting her, winning her back, then we start all over. It's not fair to her.

I know that.

The creatures that hid under children's beds and in their closet were no match to the fear I inflicted on people.

Asuna, of all people.

Words cannot express how much I love her. I wanted to kiss her feet and become her devout slave, just so she could see how dedicated I am to her, to make it up to her.

She wouldn't talk to me.

Nor go near me.

In fact anytime I tried to come near her, she flew away like a frightened little robin.

Six days was way too long to go without her.

Having meetings and strategizing how to get to a crystal panel felt meaningless in this limbo of the silent treatment.

Why would I be enthusiastic about going home if Asuna no longer wanted me there?

"It's all going to work out, Papa. Mama is just giving you space, she feels bad about what you're going through." Yui rested her head on my back as we sit in my bed together.

"I don't want space. It seems she's the one who wants this space."

"You must understand. Mommy feels like she frightened you. She saw how hurt you were about remembering what happened. She is possibly preventing herself from frightening you further."

"That's the thing, Yui. She shouldn't feel responsible for my emotions. I shouldn't have told her to stay away from me . I- I shouldn't have gotten mad and pushed her away. I'm the one piling on to her struggle and it's not fair. I'm a monster to her now."

"You can't seriously think Mama is afraid of you."

"She is. She visibly looks frightened... What am I going to do?" I twiddle my thumbs leaning onto my knees on the edge.

"Mama loves you. You guys have a special bond unlike any other I've seen. It's why I chose you guys to be my parents. Love and kindness is what keeps you together. I'm sure it'll be the same force that pulls you both back."

That statement was true. Seeing Asuna's face. Hearing her name. There was something inside of me that grew warm every time. I can't help loving her and she feels the same.

I hope she still feel the same.

"I do believe that. Anyways. Have you received updates on 'Operation: Move and Groove Kirito'?" I laugh at the silly name everyone called the project.

"Today. Mommy, Alice, Eugeo, Sinon, and Liz finished the air craft."

"A WHAT?"

"They finished making a ship. They're going to test fly later on today."

"How does it work? They've been working on this the whole time? Why didn't anyone say anything to me?"

"Well. The craft is a flyable ship, kind of like a jet. When we enter the craft, Sinon will try to emit her power of flight to the ship so we can fly. Or we can try element control. The trip will be faster that way. Mommy and Eugeo have been working endlessly on it but they didn't want to get any one's hopes up. It is the first prototype after all."

"Why didn't Asuna ask for my help? You know what, let's go talk to her."

I lunge off the bed and sail out of my room.