HER

⚠️* MATURE WARNING: MENTION OF DEATH, EXPLICIT LANGUAGE*⚠️

Kirito's POV:

I fixed my cape in the mirror.

Asuna crept up behind me, hiding in my silhouette and snaking her arms around my armored waist.

"Are you ready?"

My lip trembled as I swallowed down the frog in my throat.

"I- uh..."

"It's okay. I'm here. And we'll see them again someday." Asuna's head rested on my back.

"You're right." I plastered on the best smile I could.

I turn to my wife and grasp her hand. She interlocks our fingers as always.

We strive to the council room, where we told everyone to meet us.

Yui hugged onto the side of my leg as a greeting.

The members looked excited to hear the announcement. This was harder than I imagined.

My breaths hiccup.

"Thank you all for gathering here today. Kirito, Yui, and I have an announcement to make..." Asuna began.

"We are displeased to announce that we must revoke our royalty status. We will leave this world of Underworld permanently." My voice strained.

Yui patted my leg, looking up in sympathy. Asuna did the same by rubbing my hand with her other.

"WHAT?" Leafa jumped from her seat.

"Kirito, this wasn't a part of the deal?" Alice panicked.

"Your relationship is fake? Why would you all be leaving? And why are you leaving in the first place?" Sinon's voice became raspier with anger.

I lifted my hand to silence the reactions.

"I understand how you all must feel. It's not easy for us either. I do have a life outside of here. To be truthful, Asuna and I were already married. That life I have is with her and Yui."

"So you lied? You said you didn't know who they were?" Liz spat.

"I didn't remember. My amnesia is still ongoing."

"What's going to happen to us? She shows up and everything changes. I knew they were to be trusted! Tuh! You're going to choose her over us?" Ronnie began to cry. This effect ripples to the other ladies in the room.

"What is it? What is so special about her?" Silica squeaked.

Asuna's eyes brimmed with tears. She blinked heavily to keep her strong presence alive.

"Every detail. Every flaw. Every perfection. Asuna is incredible, the love of my life. I was in a whirlpool of numbness. I thought I was going to die with the emptiness. The one who saved me from that was her. Her. And my precious daughter, Yui." I hugged my family closer.

"What are we going to do?" Lady Fanatio palmed her forehead.

"I've already decided. Eugeo shall succeed me. Alice, I hope you join him in reign."

Eugeo blushed violently. Alice blushed at his embarrassment.

"W-Would you prefer I did?".

"I would..."

"Ok, can we get focused here? When are you leaving."

"About that... um. We need help getting us home. We need to fly to a place but the only person who could reach the place is Sinon," Asuna explained.

"This is some bullshit. You take my king away, my best friend, and now you want my help? Hmph. You can go to hell". Sinon stuck her nose in the air.

"Watch it!". I refrained from cursing her.

"He has a family to get back to. You guys took him away. The least you could do is help him get back. And don't forget, Kirito is still the King. Show some respect to him and the queen. You're way out of line." Eugeo corrected Sinons behavior.

He face grimaced, knowing he was right and she hated being wrong.

"Excuse me". Yui's small voice entered the conversation.

Every person turned their head down to the little girl.

"If I may. My name is Yui, a personal program prototype. I understand the helplessness you all feel. However...", Yui projected a holographic image to the room, "this is the real current state of my father the last I saw him. His brain won't be able to sustain this activity forever".

The image was through Yui's eyes. Me, worn down in a hospital bed, sunken eyes and cheeks. It looked as though I was already dead how thin my skin appeared.

Leafa gasped, covering her mouth in shock. The others looked horrified as well.

That's what I look like? The empty shell of a man who felt like he'd lost everything.

My head started to ache. I rest my fingers on my forehead.

Images flashed in my head like a rapid slide show.

Klein's severed head rolling across the street.

"...make it stop."

Words came out of my mouth subconsciously.

"Huh? Kirito are you alr-" Asuna held my arm. I pulled back.

"MAKE IT STOP!!! PLEASE!!!" I scream out of turn.

The car in front of me was in flames. I knew exactly who burned in the pit.

"Papa?" Yui's voice sounded so far away.

My son. My precious baby boy. His blood splattered across my face. It's all my fault.

"Kirito-," Asuna placed a hand on my shoulder.

"GET OFF ME!" I swung her away.

"He remembers... He's remembering what happened!" Asuna began to shake. Klein rushed over to comfort her.

"Onii-Chan?" Leafa and the others surrounded me as if I was a rabid animal.

A wasp like sting swept across my face.

"Snap the hell out of it, Kirito! Are you a man or aren't you? Get up and apologize!" Eugeo was furious. The grip he had on my cape could've strangled me.

"I-I..." no words could form for what I had just experienced.

Yui's eyes were wide with worry. Asuna stood outside of the room, sobbing into Klein shoulder. Everyone in state of fight or flight.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me."

"You remembered what happened to you in real life. The incident that drove you here." Eugeo released me.

I look back at Asuna, who still heaved in my friend's shoulder. I couldn't believe how aggressive I became toward her. HER. Of all people.

Sinon wiped a silent tear from her cheek, she fixed her composure.

"It's okay, Kirito. We're gonna get you home."

________________________________________________________________________
A/N: hello everyone! You guys see Eugeo stepping up ??? Lol I'm here for this XD

In other news, this book will probably end around 25 chapters. I hope you've been enjoying the ride so far.

For my next project, I am thinking of opening up a Kirisuna one shots story. You guys can request scenarios and be more involved in my writing! I love hearing from you all!

Thank you for reading and supporting me! I love you guys 💗