Feelings

Kirito's POV:

I couldn't control my temper.

I know I looked angry, but deep down I was heartbroken. It's sounds insane because I've known Yui and Asuna for 2 days.

It was of great comfort to have them here with me. Hearing them wanting to leave... to be honest it felt like a slap in the face.

The path to the castle was an unspoken one. It was better for me to shut down anyways instead of getting angry or blowing up.

We approached the guarded gate. Guards crossed their spears immediately until they saw my face.

"Your majesty." The men bowed.

I wasn't king anymore so it felt weird being called that.

Alice came to the gate to see who was entering the castle.

"KIRITO!" She shouted and ran to me. "I'm so glad you've decided to come....back." Her eyes landed on Yui and Asuna.

"I would like to negotiate with the current leader." I asked politely. I didn't want to become king. I wasn't making it seem like it either.

"We had no one else to fulfill the position. Your sister took your place."

"Leafa? Can I see her?". I was proud. Leafa held down the fort and stepped into her own power. Most importantly, I didn't have to.

"Of course!". Alice linked her arm with mine. I didn't have the energy to pull her off. Yui and Asuna followed behind us.

"Well well well. If it isn't Kirito. I told you you'd come back." Eugeo retorted.

"I come in peace, but I'm not here to stay." I brush off his comment.

Leafa came to the group.

"Onii-Chan!" She jumped on me, ruffling my hair.

"You're Queen now!"  I pat her head back with the other hand Alice wasn't on.

"Yeah... we need you back... bad. You're good at all the problem solving and fighting. There's no better diplomat than you, brother. We need you to come home. We're struggling."

Alice and Eugeo looked in agreement. How? It's only been a couple days and the place is falling apart?

I didn't want to see the kingdom fail. And I do like helping people. But was my happiness worth that of thousands?

"I'll come back under one condition. You help me find a way to bring Asuna and Yui back home while allowing them to stay here."

"Yes! Anything!" Alice squeezed my hand in excitement.

"I need to hear it from you." I said to Eugeo seriously. My best friend had turned into a stranger. If he decided to turn on Asuna or Yui, I would have no choice but to imprison him.

"Yes.."Eugeo walked away, his pride hurt.

"You guys should wash up and eat. Kirito, we'll catch you up on the state of the kingdom tomorrow." Leafa said and pushed us off in the direction of our old rooms.

It was back to work for me. Even if I'd do this job for the rest of my life, the two days of adventure I had were worth it.

If I could do it all again, I wouldn't change a thing. I probably stayed in the tub for far too long reminiscing of the good times.

Last night, I was able to hold Asuna in my arms. We were so close. Her skin smelled naturally of sweet pea. When she spoke against my chest, the purr had put me to sleep faster than any potion could.