Let's Try Again

Kirito's POV:
One.

One whole week of awkward tension that shrouded the castle.

Could you blame me? My life is essentially a lie.

On top of that, Asuna and Eugeo has seemed closer than usual for some reason.

They sat next to each other at dinner, walked the halls together, even studied in the library late at night.

I know I didn't react the best to the news. That didn't mean I hated Asuna. I still love her. The question now is does she still love me? Am I worth the trouble she's putting herself through?

"Papa, your training sessions are resumed. You must meet Eugeo at the school."

"Right...". I was pulled out of my anxiety. "Thank you, Yui."

I pat Yui's head fondly like always and head to the Academy.

"Um. One more thing." I turn on the ball of my foot before leaving the gate

"Yes, Daddy?"

"D-does Asuna still.. like me? I mean. She's not reconsidering our marriage is she?"

"Mommy loves you. She may think you're upset with her. Both of you have been acting strange towards each other lately."

"Do you know why she's hanging out with Eugeo?"

"She's gathering more data about this world. Her skill level here has gone up plenty since Eugeo offered to help her". Yui's voice was so adorable, it was almost as if what she said wasn't alarming.

"He offered to help her?" I whisper to myself.

My insecurities swarmed me once more. How Alice mentioned how other men could notice Asuna.

I can't afford to lose her.

I turn the corner of the arena to see Eugeo already warming up.

"HEYAH!" Asuna lunges at him with her Rapier.

"That's good. You're getting better." He lowered his guard.

"I need to go faster." Asuna wiped her brow that glistened.

They were training together now? Really?

"Ah. Kirito, you're on time for once."

"What's this, Eug? Training with Asuna?"

"Yeah! She keeps me on my toes. She is fast and precise."

"Asuna, why don't you train with me?" I ask turning to her. My feelings are a little hurt that she wouldn't try to take after my swordsmanship.

"If you don't mind then I don't mind..." she shuffled her heels into the floor.

"Good. I'll take a break. You two get your swords acquainted". Eugeo waved and left us two alone.

My wife rolled her shoulders to prep her stance.

She looked determined, it was cute.

I sigh walking over to her. I use my foot to move her supporting one. She was in lunge form.

"It's easier for you to attack this way. Don't take up too much time drawing this arm back." I man handle her arm position from behind. Her cheeks rosy as I did so.

"Thank you." Asuna blurted.

"... are you not going to talk to me at all about it?"

She shook her head.

I took advantage of her open arms, wrapping my arms around her waist from behind.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being angry. I can't take being away from you for much longer."

Asuna dropped her stance to turn into my embrace.

"Do you think I enjoy hurting you? That I anticipate your suffering? I told Yui we should wait."

"But I'm glad I know now. I feel bad that you were scared to tell me and I gave you a reason to be scared." I rest my chin on the top of her head, tucking her into me.

"It's not easy to process. I understand, that's why I gave you space."

"I don't like space from you. Especially when you use our time to hang out with that jerk."

"Are you jealous of Eugeo? That's hilarious. Don't say you don't want space because that's the whole reason why we're here."

I hold Asuna a little tighter.

"I can't believe I just abandoned you guys. That doesn't even sound like something I'd think of."

"Grief makes people do crazy things."

"That's not an excuse. I love you so much. I should've been there for you."

"Still. You're grieving. Now I'm putting you in a position to choose the rest of your family or Yui and I. I think I'm the one who's been unfair."

A few sniffles came from below. I stroked Asuna's long silky hair of flame.

"Don't you cry, my dear Asuna. Ive already chosen to follow you."

I was shoved back by my chest.

"You want to go back to the real world? Why?"

"Why? You must not understand. Every single day of my life here was arranged. No spontaneity. No freedom. No love. I didn't even know I could feel the way I do now until I met you. My days are different. My reign as king has changed. Everything has shifted, thanks to you. My place is obviously with you. Even if that means leaving this all behind."

"Are you sure? When you wake up, you could be angry with me still."

I held Asuna's face in my hands, admiring the smooth  freckled skin under my thumbs.

"When we get back.... Let's try again."

"You mean..."

"Let's try to have another baby. Let's move. Let's start our lives over." I rub tears from Asuna's eyes.

"Are you serious?"

"As a heart attack." I peck her forehead.

"You do know we also have to come clean to the rest of the castle right?"

Shit. They were NOT going to like this. But I meant what I said. I want Asuna to always be with me.

"We can do that together." I reassure.

Asuna smiled so widely, her face could've cracked. She stood on her tiptoes to reach my lips.

"I missed you..." she mumbled against me.

"I missed you more. And I hope you still feel that way after I kick your butt in this spar."

I laugh, zipping away from the speedster who would surely knock me out after ruining the moment. Asuna knows I was joking so she wouldn't.

Never mind. She did.

__________________________________________________________________________________
A/N: Quick Kirisuna fluffiness uwu !!!
I'm still editing and writing so stay tuned. Enjoy!