Chapter 6 - Boris, Tyler, and Pierce: Twister

Chapter 6 - Boris, Tyler, and Pierce: "Twister"

Boris sat on the ground, looking at his gravity boots and circling his claw on the carpet floor. If he had looked up a little more, he would see the gravity boots Tyler was wearing, along with the gray pants.

They were in a stranger's home. A woman he didn't even know that he was helping. Boris still hadn't gotten used to the fact that, even five months after he joined the Mortal Guard, they were doing big things for animals they had no connection with. Saving them.

Even so, anything was better than killing. That was finally over. The amount of relief he had felt when the Mortal Guard deemed him "safe" again hadn't subsided even months later. The otter wondered if he would ever be rid of that feeling.

Boris glanced at his left arm, seeing the orange armband there, the eyes of the creature hunting sect's symbol staring at nothing in particular, and the mouth being obscured.

Now, he moved his head up and stared at his partner, Tyler, who was already looking at him, which caught him off guard. "What is it?"

"You're looking around a bunch," Tyler responded, blinking behind his glasses. "Antsy?"

"Perhaps I should ask why you're watching me," Boris suggested, a small smile on his face. That was also something he had been doing more lately, thanks to Tyler.

"I like to observe," the German shepherd told him, adjusting his jacket on the couch.

"Me? Is it because you're making sure I don't get taken over again?"

Tyler brought his hands together. "Hm. No. But Absalom is still out there. I know it's been months but that doesn't mean he's gone..."

"Yes, don't remind me," Boris said, shaking his head. "Well if you were wondering, I'm fine. We're just sitting here waiting, so it's not like I can do much else. And I'm not gonna waste time staring at you."

"Is that really a waste of time?" Tyler asked.

"Yes?" Boris blinked, multiple times. Suddenly, there were footsteps from the hall, and a lemur stepped out, tucking their white undershirt into their gray pants, which were the same as Boris's and Tyler's.

"Jeez, her bathroom is really small. Hey, wouldn't it be cool if vampires didn't have to use the bathroom?"

Tyler looked back at them. "What a stunning power that would be. Not pissing at two in the morning!"

"You mean, like, two in the afternoon," Pierce chuckled. All three animals were wearing the same outfits as each other, green ties included, but Pierce wore a strange metal collar around their neck. "I'm assuming nothing happened while I was in there."

The canine snorted. "Nah. Just Bor interrogating me on why I'm staring at him."

"You were staring?"

"I mean, not staring, just looking!"

Boris chuckled. "He was just making sure Absalom is still not here, he does like every five minutes."

Pierce rubbed their face. "Oh boy, we're all so paranoid about that. Luckily, the Guard will protect you if that happens. I bet the entire organization could destroy Absalom easily!"

Tyler twisted his body a bit more. "I wouldn't be so sure about that, Fangs. We still don't know what he is. I mean, the possession of Boris wasn't like any other possession. And we've learned about those in-depth!"

Boris stood up. "Okay, you two. Let's stop talking about it."

Tyler crossed his arms. "Can't ignore it forever."