6.

<Angie's pov>

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

It was just another basic day of waking up for school. Honestly probably one of the worst things ever well other than all the shitty stuff going on in my life but maybe school wasn't that bad.

It was the waking up part I hated.

I just woke up, showered, got ready and headed downstairs where I had to look my mother in the eye everyday as if she wasn't ruining my life.

But I've decided not to talk about her anymore in a bad way because it was just making me have a hard time being happy and I didn't want to always think about that.

I decided to be happy and not worry it was her divorce not mine. I wasn't going to let her ruin another thing for me.

When I was ready I walked down the stairs to see my mom about to walk out the door.

Sometimes she was first to get out and sometimes it depended on how long I took to get her ready.

When I reached downstairs on the table at the entrance there was a box that caught my attention.

"What's that?" I asked her, making her look up from the mail she was going through.

"Don't know your dad sent it, it's for you" she replied returning back to her mail pretending she didn't care what the box contained even though I know she did.

My mom is the type of person that if she doesn't talk to someone she wants everyone else that revolves around her doesn't like or talk to that person but it's kinda hard when the person we're talking about right now is my dad.

I took the box in my hands and opened it, seeing a necklace inside. It was like a fragrance necklace with herbs inside.

It was honestly beautiful and it made me smile.

My dad was always more affectionate than my mom. I never knew why but I couldn't tell you the last time my mom ever showed me affection but my dad always did with things like this.

"That's pretty" she said almost with a bitter tone. Of course she was bothered by it; this was my dad's way of showing that when fighting for custody he would win.

"Yeah, can you put it on?" I took the necklace in my hand and put it out for her.

She just nodded and took it and I turned around. I might have done that on purpose to try and touch a nerve but yet I didn't see any emotion on her face. She just put it on and went back to what she was doing.

"I'm leaving, I'll be home late so just don't get in trouble" she grabbed her bag and opened the door.

'Just don't get in trouble' that's all she cared about.