².03

<Isaacs pov>
┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

<Isaacs pov>┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

After a while in the hospital I tried to look for Angie again. I wanted to make sure she was okay but she was nowhere to be found.

Ms. Ava looked stressed while she tried to finish some stuff up. My dad had walked away for a moment to take a phone call leaving me at the counter with her.

I wanted to ask where Angie had gone but I'm not sure she even knew we were friends or...I guess I didn't even know what we were. I spent the night with her but Ms. Ava didn't know that obviously.

Even if me and Angie talked I still didn't know where we stood. There were so many things in the way and she didn't really show signs of wanting to make it official.

Well she did but then it seemed like she would back off.

The whole thing was mixed up then there was this whole other thing with Lydia missing and all of them trying to find her.

I couldn't help but wonder how it would be like if Angie and I ever made it official. Would I even fit in with them? What would they think?

What about Angie's mom or my dad? It just seemed like we didn't work but we did. There was just something holding us back and I wanted to figure out what.

"Penny for your thoughts Isaac" she spoke while she placed the clipboard she had down to the counter making me snap out of my thoughts.

"Oh I was just...thinking about everything going on" I covered up immediately. I couldn't exactly tell her I was thinking about her daughter or how I was basically in her bed just earlier.

"I know it's crazy..." She took a moment to take some other papers then looked over at me. She was hesitating to ask something. "You doing okay though?"

"Yeah I'm okay..." I replied, clearing my throat.

I had forgotten she knew about what my father did. What I didn't understand is why she didn't tell no one yet.

"Why didn't you tell anyone about...you know" I asked and I regretted the second I did it wasn't something you spoke freely about.

She paused when I asked and looked away for a moment then back to me.

"I never told nobody about my parents only one person the other just found out by themselves but I only trusted one person with that if it ever made it out then everyone would know and I didn't want people to know because when they do some look at you differently" she explained but I didn't understand what she was getting at. "They exclude you, watch what they say around you it's not fun"

I thought about it for a second. She was obviously speaking from experience. I didn't want that either. I had been so lucky that Angie didn't change how she talked to me but maybe others would.