³.06

<narrators pov>
TW- smut!

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

The next morning Ava was woken up by Derek who was playing with her hair. It was a very familiar feeling she had woken up like this several times before everything happened.

Many things had changed since then like now they weren't at his house his family had and she could only blame herself for not being there anymore. Derek didn't see it that way but she did.

Now they had a child that was currently away on a field trip and made Ava go insane not having her close. Derek stayed calm for her; one of them had to be or it wasn't going to be good. Ava's world would just crumble down to pieces if there wasn't somewhere there to help her keep calm.

Derek was the best type of calm that's why Ava felt so comforted by him. There was no one else in this world she felt safer than with him. He was her safe place and he had been for the longest time ever.

"You were watching me sleep?" She asked positioning herself on the bed to look at him and he just smiled and moved her hair away from her face.

"I missed this" Derek admitted Ava was surprised she had been all this time after they started to be around each other. "You don't?" He questioned noticing her weirded out look.

"I do it's just...I didn't think you loved me anymore..." she revealed, watching as his face features dropped, forming a confused look. "After everything that happened...me leaving you and going to James, the fire, my parents...and Angie"

"All of that was not your fault" he reassured, placing his hand on the side of her face tracing her cheekbone with his thumb. "I was mad for a while but all I wanted was an explanation on why you would go to him. I figured it was your parents that forced you which only made me mad at them not you. The fire wasn't your fault I know that..."

"But if I never went through with Chris' plan it wouldn't have happened..." she interrupted making him sigh.

He thought back to the night it all happened. A lot had been going down before that. Ava's engagement was announced which tore Derek apart.

"I know you would've never let that go through if it was in your control which it wasn't it was the argents and the witches it was never you." He repeated and Ava just continued to look at him.

She missed being this up close to him she could look at his beautiful eyes she always adored and just to feel his skin close to hers.

"I hated myself so much for it all I could think about was how much you hated me too. All you heard about me was good news and your world was falling apart but mine was too I was being forced to live a life I didn't want and to watch you and your family be punished for what I did I hated it I hated myself for being so dumb and at times I just wished I had ran away with you..."