taunting lies

“Need I remind you, detective? We don’t have to do this if you don’t want to.”

Beneath them, Almond scowled, folding his arms over his chest. Being pressed against the wall, he didn’t have too much room for movement. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t avoid looking at the thief in front of him, either. Their hands pressed into the wall on either side of him, tempting to move closer.

“I don’t need you to lecture me,” Almond growled, talking not to Roguefort themself but rather at the wall behind them in a weak attempt to avoid their careful, watching gaze. There was a pause before he spoke again. “...I want to do this.”

From the corner of his eye, he saw Roguefort’s face light up. “Well that’s music to my ears!” they chimed. Almond quickly felt his face flush again, embarrassed. As if able to sense how he was feeling, a gloved hand came up to hold the side of his face, and he flushed deeper. His eyes met theirs now, glittering just like the gems they so passionately enjoyed stealing. For a split second, he wondered whether he’d get to witness that passion first-hand.

“Now, now, just relax, my dear. This is about you more than it’s about me.” Their face moved along his, lips brushing against his skin, finding the corner of his mouth and pressing a warm kiss into it.

Almond sighed, angling his head to properly kiss them. This was definitely a terrible idea, but at the moment, he didn’t really care.

The day had gone like usual. Finding criminals and resolving petty acts of crime, chasing wrong-doers and arresting people with his inescapable handcuffs. All had gone to plan until Phantom Bleu (curse them and their unpredictable schedule) decided to show up with their calling cards to a museum at the edge of his district. They’d gotten away (as usual) and he’d chased them (as usual), but instead of making their perfect escape, they’d led him into an abandoned building, stealing his handcuffs and locking the door behind them. (The sneaky bastard.)

Seeing his stress, they’d offered him a simple solution.

                         _______________

"Roguefort? Was is it this time? What do you want from me?"

"Be at ease, detective. I have not brought you here to harm you. I would only like to make you an offer"

"Is this some kind of extortion?"

"Not at all. If you become uncomfortable, you may back out at any time and I will let you free. Would you like to hear my offer?"

"... I'm listening."

                        _________________

And now, with his back pressed firmly into the wall behind him, Almond was making out with the very criminal he’d sworn to catch. 

Their other hand had gone to his upper thigh, hooking their thumb around and slowly rubbing it as Almond let their kiss become more heated. His own hands went to their back, pulling them in closer. Sweetly, they hummed and giggled against his mouth, making Almond’s heart stutter a bit. In fact, as Almond bitterly realized, like this, they seemed to be the definition of sweet. Kissing him sweetly, making sweet noises as he moved against their mouth; hell, even the perfume they were wearing was sweet – floral, with notes of cherry. It surprised and almost overwhelmed Almond how a criminal so terrible and infamous could be so… doting?

…They were beautiful. It was wrong, but they were beautiful. His eyes split open for a moment to catch a glimpse of their face. Their perfect makeup. Their long eyelashes. The way their fluffy hair framed it all. It felt so wrong to admire them like this, but in the moment, it was so, so right.