𝑪 𝑯 𝑨 𝑷 𝑻 𝑬 𝑹 𝑬 𝑳 𝑬 𝑽 𝑬 𝑵

[  𝐁 𝐑 𝐔 𝐓 𝐀 𝐋! ]"the bet"CW: disassociation

[ 𝐁 𝐑 𝐔 𝐓 𝐀 𝐋! ]
"the bet"
CW: disassociation. Mentions of self harm. underage smoking cannabis.

THE MOON WAS one of Valentina's favorite things,along with foggy winter days and nights of summer rain, since she was a kid. To watch, to cry with, to rant under its glow in the darkest hours of the night. It was always there, full, halves in crescents, or even when the sun stopped shining on it, it was there up orbiting the earth.

The brunette sat out perched up on her window still staring it now, legs dangling over the side of her house feet resting on the ladder. She didn't know the time or the day just that her head hurt and the moon was glowing softly down at her, waning much like her.

She couldn't get words or tears out today. Her mind numb but her eyes wouldn't shut out of fear of her nightmares. Carl was showing up less and less in the starts of her dreams her nightmares taking them over to fast when he did.

Her dulling browns shifted behind her from the moon at the sound footsteps nearby. Her eyes watched the shadows under her door ears picking up the creaks of the old floorboards.

Her body grew tense as they stopped right at her door rather then passing. Vincent was snoring almost to loudly on her bed, having rushed in when she was having yet another panic attack and stayed to help her sleep only for him to fall asleep first.

The footsteps moved again letting the soft light from what Valentina thinks is bathroom funnel back into her room from the small sliver of open space under her door.

A bang of a door slamming shut made her flinch and Vincent snorted himself awake.

She glances at him as the new deafening silence fills the house. Her stomach rolls in sedated discomfort.

Vincents tired eyes brown eyes trail around the dark room until they land on his little sister, body rigid as she remained perched up on the window still.

"How long you've been up?" He sighs as he slowly get up limps heavy from his own lack of proper asleep.

She gives him a look he could tell means she hasn't.

"You gotta sleep kid"

Valentina only hums looking away from him and back to the moon. "can't"

"I could get you those pills papa used to take" He tells her somberly as she listens to him shuffle around off her bed and the creak it makes once he's fully off it. He leans on the wall of her window, glancing up at the moon she'd been staring at.