𝑪 𝑯 𝑨 𝑷 𝑻 𝑬 𝑹 𝑬 𝑰 𝑮𝑯 𝑻 𝑻 𝑬 𝑬 𝑵

[  𝐁 𝐑 𝐔 𝐓 𝐀 𝐋! ]Cw: blood, nose resetting"Aftermath"

[ 𝐁 𝐑 𝐔 𝐓 𝐀 𝐋! ]
Cw: blood, nose resetting
"Aftermath"

Passing out in her own blood puddle wasn't at all favorable when Valentina woke some time later; the sun had long gone down and the disastrous state of her room was drenched in shadows.

Her bones cracked and popped as she slowly sat up, biting into her bottom lip to keep from whimpering as her ribs ached sharply.

And two sharp knocks at her window made her yell in fright, jumping up and causing another cry of pain. She eyed her window with blurry vision, trying to see who it was. Two more knocks landed on her window.

Carl.

Valentina blinked back her pained tears, forcing her aching body to stand, nearly slipping on a piece of loose paper.

The girl made sure no lights were on as she neared her window, clutching her ribs and breathing through her mouth.

She couldn't tell him to leave; that would only cause more suspicion.

So she unhooked the latch of her window before stepping back to keep the low street lights off her.

"Why do you have the lights off?" Carl asks as he climbs through, trying to see her.

"I have a headache," she answers, truthfully too, leaving out all the other aches she was feeling.

He hums and tells her, "You should've texted me so I could've brought you candy," as he shuts the window and pulls the curtains shut again for her.

Valentina smiles to herself, "It's fine, I got some downstairs."

Carl chuckles as he turns around: "Of course you do."

She eyes his figure as he nears her. "Carl"

"Hm?"

"Can you just, um, stay there?"

She sees his silhouette pause, and she can practically feel the confusion coming off of him.

"Yeah, but, uh, why?"

She can't find the words, and in her silence, his worry kicks up.

"Valentina..."

"I'm hurt—and I don't want you to see." The words spill from her lips; there's no lie she could tell to keep him away from her. She let him in, and there's no way to push him out.