⊱15⊰

Once he entered the store, he was quickly greeted by the young girl behind the cash register with a smile as Ukai nodded in response and went through the door behind the cashier table and closed the door.

I wonder what's in there.

I looked around, pretending to find something. Checking a few or two times at the cashier to see if Ukai went out. And after a few minutes- approximately 3, he still hasn't come out yet.

Geez what is that guy doing in there..

"Hey Y/n, what are we exactly looking for?" Mao whispered in my ear, eyes halfway closed while looking at the floor, holding onto your blouse.

"Shut up Mao." I whispered, looking back at the shelf in front of me. I sighed and went to the cashier. "Hey, do you guys have any noodles?"

"Oh um.. I don't think so." She averted her eyes away from me and looked at the noodles section then back at me. "You should come back tomorrow, there will be new ones delivered at 7 am in the morning. Unless a problem happens though.. which I doubt because they're extra careful with it." She responded, placing her cheek on on top of her palm, speaking with a bored tone.

"Ah.. I see. Thank you for the service." I turned away, walking to the chips station and grabbed something along with a soda. I walked to where Mao was sitting saw her sleeping.

She actually looks very cute when she's not noisy.

I approached near her and then shook her awake making her instinctively slap my face.

I grabbed the cheek she slapped me on and looked at her with widened eyes.

I silently whispered to her "You moody shit!.."

She raised her head, staring at my cheek before realizing what she did and quickly held it. "OH MY GOD I'M SO SORRY I DIDN'T KNOW!!" She said panickingly, not knowing what to do.

"Whatever.. Let's just find something we could use so we can get to the next scene.."

I was at the chip section leaning down not to find clues, but actually wanting to eat something.

I mean, you certainly need more energy to continue an investigation am I right..? Okay I'll stop.

"Tell me things you came up with that might help us find our way to the next scene."

Mao nodded, wandering behind me then suddenly gasped causing me to look at her. She looked at me wide-eyed.

"Why did you gasp?."

She hurried to my side and whispered in my ear, "I forgot to do my game of tongits.."

I looked at her with a glare, "Maybe I need to kill you for me to be able to proceed to the next scene."

Mao walked away silently sobbing and then going back to her shenanigans as I finally found the perfect chips to buy.

I grabbed a bag of chips with some strawberry milk. As I did, I then heard Mao gasp again and looked at her.

"Why'd you gasp again.?"

She leaned forward ready to tell something in my ear. A few seconds past silence was still present as I waited for her to say something.

She finally leaned in my ear more and said, "Can I.."

I was curious on what she was about to say and asked for her to continue. She did, but the next thing she said was killing me inside.

"Can I use your bathroom?.."

I rolled my eyes ignoring her trying not to make a scene by saying another insult and decided to find some clues that might help.