Chapter 1 Construction of Power

0772 April 23rd 20XX

Malacañang Palace

President Anton Cruz of the Republic of the Philippines stood before the nation, delivering his speech.

"Good morning, people of the Philippines," he began. "Your President and the cabinet members are committed to enacting laws that will shape the future of our nation."

As citizens watched the presidential speech on their televisions and mobile devices, confusion arose regarding the specific laws the President intended to address the nation with. This uncertainty trickled into the political realm, where politicians found themselves uneasy, anticipating a transformative shift from the lower tiers of the judiciary to the highest office. The entire nation tuned in, aware that this speech would mark a pivotal moment in their history.

The proposed law aimed to tackle corruption at the highest levels, aiming for a complete overhaul. With budgets growing increasingly tight for politicians, the common practice of seeking 'aid' or claiming it was for the 'nation's reconstruction' had taken root. For decades, this practice persisted as politicians pocketed the funds, using them to secure votes during elections, perpetuating a cycle of corruption.

This new law sought to break this cycle once and for all. The constitution underwent a series of amendments, transforming the nation's future. Each amendment added layers of complexity, making the law nearly impenetrable. Politicians struggled to find and exploit loopholes. The days of political dynasties were numbered. Families bound by this law faced banishment as traitors for ten generations, forever barred from participating in politics.

As the years passed, the Philippines underwent a transformation, becoming a global powerhouse. By opening its doors to investment and shedding the remnants of colonial mindset, the nation grew increasingly self-reliant in technology, food production, and energy. Decades of progress led to a cleaner political landscape, as attempts to bypass the law's strictures were thwarted.

Decades passed and a new president rose to power and on his mind the nation he dearly love is too weak for it to protect itself from foreign hands so for his campaign he maximize the GDP for military purposes and expanded the assets of the military from land, sea and air.

As a quote of his speech from the SONA(State of the Nation Address)
"We envision a Nation where internal conflict are mere echoes of the past, as our self reliant defense mechanism stand as sentinels of our sovereignty"

This rallying cry resonated deeply, spurring military expansion on land, sea, and air. The nation's GDP soared, and debt became a thing of the past.

Decades passed.

It was the new century's turning point. Simultaneously, Miguel Cruz's descendant was running for the presidency. His name was Miguel Cruz, much like his forebear.

At 3:30 PM on May 27, 23XX

Miguel Cruz's Residence

The vote count flowed in, with the people's votes being automatically tabulated. Miguel led with a commanding 69% of the vote, placing him ahead in the race for the presidency.

At 9:40 PM on May 27, 23XX

Miguel's Residence

Family members gathered around, their eyes fixed on the news. The vote count confirmed Miguel's victory in the election, making him the 59th President of the Republic of the Philippines.