Chapter 4 The Chaos

After the National Address of the President, the people felt an uneasy feeling about what just happened and what they just witnessed. It is so baffling and horrifying that it puts a shiver down their spine to watch an entire group of people disappear from existence as if not even a shred of ash is left. Upon what was happening, riots started to form all around the world as the news of what just happened was broadcast to other countries, and panic ensued as governments tried to put order back in the public, mobilize the military, and begin national patrols. As the world and countries unite under one banner for joint military drills around the world, orbital weapons meant for war against each other started to gather in orbit to make the public think that they are well protected against such threats of unknown origin.

As days passed by, the chaos around the world did not settle as criminal organizations took advantage of it. The government began a crackdown on such organizations and used whatever means necessary to end them. A month passed and a year went by before all the chaos started to settle down, but on January 5, 23XX

Malacañang palace

Presidential office

One of the president's aides rushed in without knowing.

"Mr. President!" "We have urgent news!"

"What is it?"

"According to PASE, they monitored that the said object started to change its speed and possibly maneuver its way to our planet."

"Did other nations notice this too?"

"Apparently yes, Mr. President, but they said to keep it confidential because the public started to settle down and riots around the world started to settle down."

"Is that so, then hide this from the public and let no one know what is happening right now as we are not sure if it's traversing its way here, so keep your mouth shut and tell the Director of PASE, Mr. Oliquino, that the information will be put in the outmost secrecy if possible."

"Understood, Mr. President."

******************************************

Then months pass and it seems that the unknown object started to move faster and faster, and all the governments around the world started to arm all weapons they put in orbit and on the moon, and if possible, they will try and destroy it to oblivion.

1532H April 2, 23XX

PASE (Philippine Association of Space Exploration) Main Base on Palawan

Alarm covered the whole base as the object was nearing Earth, and the director would like to talk to the president and the cabinet members of the government.

-Directors POV-

"Call the President! NOW!"

Then the office answered, and to his surprise, all the cabinet members and every active general were all sitting at one long rectangular table as if the nation were at war.

"Ahem... Hello, Everybody, I'm Director Oliquino of the Philippine Association of Space Exploration (PASE for short). I called Mr. President, but it seems that it's not needed, as I can see that all the important people in our republican government are all here.

"Yes, director." "So as the meeting will start, what is currently happening, Director?" asked the president.

"As of now, the UO, or unknown object, that was detected a year ago has started moving and approaching our planet as we speak, and by the speed and its maneuvering, it will first pass our moon in about twelve thousand kilometers, which we can hit with our weapons station in the moon's orbit."

"So your saying, Director, that our weapon can damage something that huge?" asked the president with an unsettling voice.

"Well, it can change its trajectory if we hit it with a force while it's still traveling toward our planet, Mr. President."

"Are you sure about that director?"

"Well, we did the calculation, and it has a 41% chance of being possible—not just for us but for the nation, which also has a weapon station on the moon and its orbit, Mr. President."

"So it's a joint attack, is that what you're saying?"

"Yes, Mr. President."

"Alright, director, I will adhere to your decision."

"Thank you, Mr. President."

________________________________________________

23XX April 27

PASE's base location is unknown.

"Director, the UO is in line of sight and in range." Permission to fire?

"Fire!"

All the available weapons of each nation in orbit and on the moon fired their weapons at the same time. The weapons fired were the modern rail guns, which used projectiles, and possibly nukes using high voltage as a propeller.

all fired at it, and when all the projectiles were about to hit it, a light covered every part of the UO, and the projectiles just stopped and floated around. All the people manning the weapons were surprised at what they saw, as if it had erected a barrier. Then the object started to move faster, and this alarmed all who watched the whole operation. Panic ensued, and all the personnel manning the weapons said the same thing to their superiors: the UO is traveling faster. and then balls of light that came from the UO started hitting the weapons, and based on the moon, all communication and electricity in the base and weapons all went offline.

On earth, every agency and military started to scramble to know what just happened as the OU approached the planet, then suddenly it came to a halt about half the way to a collision on earth.

As the UO is half the size of the planet, it seems it has no gravitational pull, but it's now visible in the sky as it's observing the entire world.

As people looked up, panic and chaos again happened all around the world.

Next chapter: futile resistance