Chapter 3 Rescue

2313H November 8: 23XX

Orbit of Mars

As all the crew on the starships were shaking from what just happened, the admiral shouted to the crew and captains of the fleet.

"Silent, all of you!" said Admiral Sabio in a loud voice, as if a lion roared.

"We need to assist the situation and get to the colony as soon as possible, with all ships running at full speed, and the MOS (Multipurpose Orbital Spacecraft) orbits Mars about twenty-five thousand feet above the surface of the planet and assists if any more treatments are needed; activate Protocol C2-4 (which activates a large barrier that can incinerate the entire colony), but due to the expenses, it's too expensive to use because it's a one-time use only, and those only used in times of emergency.

As the starships started to descend on the red Martian soil, the rescue crew felt uneasy about what they would witness as the beam of light from the unknown object hit the colony. They just prayed that even a small portion of survivors might be rescued.

When they landed, an eery (unsettling) feeling was felt by the crew.

After traveling a few kilometers from the landing zone to the habitat of the colony, the crew's detains grew bigger as when they entered one of the buildings, it was empty, not even a single person in sight. This alarmed the search captain, who ordered every crew member to split into three groups and search the whole colony. Four hours later, all the crew gets to the rendezvous point, and, to their surprise, there is really not a single soul. So the captain thinks again as to what happened. They all contacted every colony of the different countries to see if the crew could take shelter in one of their underground colonies, but every colony answered no to their question. The crew then returned to their starships and relayed their findings to the admiral.

In orbit of mars

The admiral receives the message, and in spite of what it contains, not a single person was found. Every crew on MOS was shaken by the said happening and relayed the message to PASE base on earth.

A few hours later, all the starships of the second fleet started to descend and get into an orbit near the MOS.

After an hour, they all met with the MOS and started to go back home, but when they were about to leave the said gravitational force of Mars, a golden light hit the fleet out of nowhere. As this was happening, the fleet and the MOS, before disappearing, sent an SOS message to planet Earth and then vanished.

On Earth, under the control of PASE,

The director just received the message and, in a rage over what Admiral Sabio re-laid on the message,

"What do they mean no one was there and also none of the other colonies of the different country said not even a single one was taking shelter on their colony!". Then, after a few minutes, they receive an SOS signal from the fleet for a couple of seconds and then stop.

The admiral asks what that was.

One of the workers said, "It was an SOS message, Admiral, from the second fleet."

The admiral was in shock and said, "So what seems to be the problem with the second fleet?"

The worker replied, "We don't know the director because it's just a second before the signal disappears."

The director then shouted, "What do you mean disappear?"

The worker replied, "That we still don't know the director."

Upon the conversion of the two, one of the workers in the room shouted,

"Director! Director!"

"What!"

"Director, one of our satellites orbiting Mars has footage of what might happen to the colony and the fleet," said the worker.

"Okay, put it on the screen," said the director.

As all the workers in the control room saw what happened, they all started to have cold sweats as to what had hit the colony and the fleet. Then the director ordered one of his men to contact the Malacaang palace.

Malacañang palace

President's Office

The secretary of the president enters the room.

"Mr. President, we got a message from PASE. This concerns the rescue of our countrymen on the red planet."

"OK, give it to me," the president said, stunned by the contents of the report.

"Secretary, contact the PASE Director," said the president.

"Ok, Mr. President,"

Then a video call between the president and the director

"Director, what is the meaning of this report?!" said the president in an angry manner.

The director then shows the president the video footage captured by one of the orbital satellites on Mars.

In disbelief, the president went into silence, as what he saw was mortifying.

The director then said, "Mr. President, we need to tell the nation about what just happened."

The president replied, "No!"" Are you crazy? The people will panic and chaos will ensue in our land!"

"But, Mr. President! If we don't tell the people now, they will just find out because we are not the only nation with an orbital satellite on Mars.

0800H November 9 café in Makati

as people are having their breakfast.

"As the President addresses the nation, we will interject the morning program."

"Hello, people of my country!"

The people in the café were confused as to why the president did not say good morning and had a bad feeling about what the president was going to say.

"As of November 8, yesterday, the rescue team and our colony on the red planet went missing. As to the reason why, here's what happened." The video was played as to what happened to the colony and the rescue fleet.

The people in the café and everywhere else in the country went silent as to what was shown to them.

As all this happened, the oligarch's family, who has a family member on Mars, contacted the Malacaang and were ignored to ensure public safety and that riots wouldn't ensue. After the announcement, there was a second announcement: "As to ensure the safety of the public, I declare martial law to stop any anarchist from starting to cause trouble," as said in the president's final message.

Next chapter: THE CHAOS.