Mango Smoothies

Enjoy your first glimpse of regressing Bucky :) —

The car ride to the breakfast/brunch place that Sam had decided to take Bucky to, was even more awkward than usual.

Before leaving to go to the restaurant,
Sam had convinced Bucky to change out of his clothes from the previous day that he had still been wearing.

Now, Bucky sported his iconic leather jacket that had his left sleeve mostly ripped off, so that his metal arm could be clearly seen.

Somehow, this brought happiness to Sam. He knew that Bucky had never been comfortable with his metal arm. Before the king of Wakanda, T'Challa, had gifted Bucky a new arm, the man had rarely ever let his arm be visible.
Now though, Bucky seemed to be comfortable, or at least, relaxed enough to let the majority of his metal arm be shown.

However, he seemed to still hate some parts of it. For instance, he always wore black gloves to cover his metal hand, and although some of his shirts had the sleeve ripped off so that it was more comfortable for the vibrannium arm, Bucky would never rip it past his shoulder. He was still very sensitive about the part of the arm where his flesh connected with the prosthetic. Even Sam had only seen it a couple times.

Sam internally sighed. He hoped that one day he could get Bucky to be more comfortable in his own body, but for now, baby steps.

As his truck momentarily slowed down at a red light, Sam quickly glanced over at Bucky, who sat in the passenger seat next to him.

Bucky had his elbow resting on the window ledge of the car, and his chin resting in his palm as he quietly looked out of the glass.

Bucky hadn't said a single word since the pair had entered the car, and Sam hadn't spoken much either. The tense atmosphere was so thick that you could cut it with a knife.

Sam could see the look in Bucky's eyes as the man silently stared at all the passing scenery as the car drove down the Louisiana streets.

He seemed to be off in his own world, and Sam desperately wanted to know what he was thinking.

It was still very odd and shocking to him, that the man he used to hate, but had eventually learned to love, was a little, and not just any little—his little.

His brain was so confused that it was giving him mixed signals.

For instance, one part of Sam wished that Bucky was sitting in the back of the car, strapped safely in a car seat so that he was out of harms way, and the other half of him wanted to purposely swerve the car real fast so that he could burst out laughing when Bucky got a face full of window.

Yeah...this was gonna be a tough first couple of weeks...

The traffic light turned green, signaling that Sam had to put most of his attention back on the road as he drove.

However, through his peripheral vision, Sam kept on glancing at Bucky, and he began to notice that Bucky was chewing his bottom lip softly, seemingly unaware of it.

Sam smiled.

He knew that he had to get Bucky some little supplies, in fact, he'd already ordered a full nursery for the new apartment, and he ordered a small box of stuff to be delivered to the Wilson house, just in case he could manage to coax Bucky into slipping a bit. But until he and Bucky moved out of the Wilson house and into their own apartment, Sam didn't think Bucky would want a bunch of little stuff that Sarah or one of the boys could stumble upon, knowing that Bucky definitely wouldn't want more people knowing about his classification that he had already tried to keep hidden.