Lilac Pacifier

"Bucky did you hear me? Are you okay?"

Sam faced down at the man cradled in his lap, and reached a hand up to comb through his brown locks reassuringly.

However, as soon as his hand made contact with Bucky's hair, the man flinched and yanked himself out of Sam's arms, instead curling into a ball in front of him.

"I-I'm-I'm sorry," Bucky stuttered out.

Sam looked at him confused.
"For what dear?"

Bucky shook his head wildly.

"I-I'm sorry!"

All of a sudden, Bucky stood up and bolted out of the clothing isle of the small store, leaving a startled Sam crouched on the floor.

"Bucky? Bucky!"
Sam jumped up to his feet and immediately ran in the direction of where Bucky had gone.

It was no use though. Even if Sam was a pro at sprinting, Bucky was a super soldier and therefore could run as fast as a cheetah, Sam had seen it before when they went on runs together.

He frantically ran down the isles of the store, scaring shoppers as he passed, but he could find no sign of Bucky.

Had he left the store?

No, he couldn't have, the exit is the opposite direction in which he ran.

But he's fast, he could've easily ran out before I could see.

Sam began to grow panicked, afraid that Bucky could have possibly ran out of the store.

He continuously scanned the isles over and over again, all while keeping the store exit in his line of sight.

He couldn't believe that in his first real day of being a caregiver, he already managed to lose his little.
Tears began to prick at his eyes as he continued to run around looking for Bucky. He asked person after person and yet no one had seemed to see him. At this rate, he was about to go ask the store to see the security tapes.

After a good 20 minutes of searching, which felt like hours, Sam couldn't find him and despite being a good runner, the wind had been knocked out of him and he had to stop to catch his breath.

Sam sighed as he closed his eyes and pinched his temples.

What was he gonna do?

All of a sudden though, his ears pricked up at small rustling sound, followed by a tiny sniffle.

His eyes shot open instantly and he scanned the shop around him, his eyes finally landing on one of those string creates filled with bouncy balls.

(I really don't know how to describe them, so here's a picture)

Despite his unhappy mood, Sam couldn't help but crack a small smile.