Not Bad

The bath honestly went surprisingly well.
While Sam wasn't able to properly wash Bucky's hair, the little one had let him gently scrub his body.
Of course, he'd been very tense about it when Sam first began. Every time Sam rubbed over a scar, he would whine softly. Sam eventually made a habit of kissing everyone of Bucky's scars before rubbing over them.

Sam found out how to distract Bucky by playing a game of I Spy, where Sam would try to guess what Bucky was looking at.
It took a pretty long time for Sam to guess what Bucky was thinking of, due to the baby's little vocabulary, but eventually he guessed it; Bucky was looking at Sam's orange toothbrush.

The game worked well enough, and by the time it was over, Bucky was nice and clean.
With only a small amount of protest, Sam was able to drain the tub and then gently scoop his baby into his arms, wrapping a dark brown towel around him.
Bucky nuzzled his face into the crook of Sam's neck while the man dried him, sighing contently.
Sam chuckled and continued to pat down Bucky's body and hair until he was no longer soaking wet.

But then came the issue.
He couldn't go get Bucky all dressed up yet because he still smelled like urine, and he'd probably just get it all over the little if he tried to change him now.
Part of him considered calling Sarah to come up to his room and help, but it was immediately shut down because he knew how Bucky would react.

Speaking of Bucky, Sam snapped out of his thoughts to find Bucky softly poking his cheek.

He smiled and looked at the baby who was watching him curiously.

"What are you doing?" He said with a smirk, making Bucky giggle quietly.

Bucky didn't respond and instead just continued to look at his caregiver.
Sam gently bounced Bucky as he thought of ideas.

"Okay baby boy. Dada still needs to take a shower," he spoke softly while going over to the towel rack and grabbing another towel.
He laid it over the closed toilet seat.

"I promise I'll be quick, just three minutes. But can you sit right here and be a good boy for me?"

It took a second for Sam's words to register in Bucky's head, but as soon as they did, his grip on Sam strengthened.

"'O-o go?" He asked nervously, threatening to cry.
It was a bit tough for Sam to comprehend some of Bucky's babbles, but after a minute he understood why he was so nervous.

"No baby boy, I'm not leaving you," Sam assured. Combing a gentle hand through Bucky's wet hair.

"I just need to get cleaned up, otherwise if I hug you, I'll just get you all icky again. It will be so fast you'll barely have time to blink."

Bucky continued to look at Sam hesitantly, but after a moment he seemed to cave.

"M'kay."

Sam smiled and gently rested Bucky down on the closed toilet seat, the towel still wrapped around him.

He then turned on the water, stripped his boxers, and proceeded to take fastest shower of his life.
He didn't mind at all the fact that he was naked in front of Bucky. After all, they had both seen it all before; it's not like the army had privacy.
Being able to see Sam must've also comforted Bucky a bit, because he sat patiently the whole time, just tugging at the towel over his shoulders.

The second Sam was done, he shut off the water, almost slipped while jumping out of the shower, wrapped himself quickly in his own towel, and then immediately scooped Bucky up.

Bucky sighed contently and immediately mushed his face into Sam's chest.

Sam chuckled.

"Did someone miss their dada?"