Dinner

Belly and I just left the kitchen to go to change into some new, dry clothes.

" Susannah always knows how to make us feel good," Belly said to me with a small smile.

And she was right. Susannah always knew what to say when we were upset or insecure with ourselves. And she always succeeds to make us believe her and feel better.

" Yeah! And the ways she tells these things makes them believable." I said before opening the door of our bedroom.

" Everything is still the same." Belly said while taking a look at our room.

I spotted Junior Mint. I can't believe she still has that stuffed animal. Conrad won it for her when we were like 12 at an arcade. And she still refuses to throw it away.

Not even ten minutes later, Jeremiah burst into our room.

" Wanna go for a swim before dinner?" He asked me and Belly.

" I don't know Jere. We have to unpack." Belly said to Jeremiah. I just nodded to Belly's statement because I knew she was
right.

" I wanted to go to the beach but I've been waiting for you guys all day so we could go together," Jeremiah said before grabbing Junior Mint.

" Pretty please," He said while doing a cringe movement.

" Ok! Fine! But please don't do that move ever again. It was very cringe," I finally gave up. Belly also gave up and agreed.

" Great! Meet me downstairs in 5 minutes," Jeremiah said while getting out of our room.

About 5 minutes later, Belly and I were ready. We went downstairs, grabbed our towels and started walking to the beach with Jeremiah.

" Do you know our dad is going to come here for the 4th of July?" Belly said a little annoyed by the fact that our dad will come to the beach house for the 4th of July because our parents got divorced like a year and a half ago.

" Don't he always come for the 4th of July?" Jeremiah asked Belly. For him it was normal. For me too. Because I think that was the right thing. They had been distant for a little while before they got divorced. And I could tell that there wasn't this sparkle of love between them anymore. And if you don't love someone anymore I believe that you should move on.

" Yes. But it isn't a bit weird now? Now that our parents are divorced? Our mom even invited his new girlfriend," Belly said annoyed that our mom invited our dad's new girlfriend.

" That's the cool thing about your mom. She doesn't give a f*ck," Jeremiah said trying to cheer up Belly.

We arrived at the beach on time. This conversation had started to be awkward.

" Wanna race?" Jeremiah asked us. I noticed he looked down to look at us because he was taller.

" I don't know. I think it's kinda unfair because your legs are longer now." Before I finish the sentence I started running towards the sea.

Belly and Jeremiah started running after me. Soon enough, before I even reach the sea, Jeremiah caught me and threw me straight into the water. The water is kinda cold. I'm not complaining though because it's refreshing.

Jeremiah and I had already begun splashing each other before Belly join us. We swam for a little while and we decided to return home for dinner. Mom had called me, Belly and Jeremiah about a hundred times.

" Don't worry girls. I got this," He said before taking my phone. It seemed like he was calling someone.

" Y/n! Where are you guys? We've called you about a thousand times and you didn't answer," Our mom said to Jeremiah through the phone because she doesn't know it was him.

" Hey, Laurel! Everything is fine. We just lost track of the time. And we're about to head home. We'll be there in 5 minutes." Jeremiah said to Laurel trying to calm her down because she sounded very worried.

" Okay. Dinner is ready, " Mom said and hung up.

What?! Dinner is already ready? Jeremiah hands me my phone back.

" We were swimming for about four hours," He said while looking at the time on his phone.

We got home, showered and we were at the dining table. Steven was looking at something on his phone with Jeremiah and the rest of us were chatting.

" Steven, could you please stop?" Our mom said referring to the fact that the whole time we eat he's on his phone.

" We just want to see your beautiful faces," Susannah told Jeremiah and Steven.

Then, Jeremiah grabbed Steven's phone from his hands and threw it in an armchair across his chair.

" Okay! We got it. You've been working out," Steven said annoyed to Jeremiah because he was kinda flexing that he got abs all day.

" You're just jealous he has a better body than you," Belly said with a little chuckle. Jeremiah responds to Belly with a flirty smirk. I started thinking about him and Belly. What would have happened if they got together this summer? Would it make our summer different? Would he replace me for Belly if he likes her? Would Belly stop hanging out with me to spend time with Jeremiah? I mean Belly is my twin sister. She's very important to me. We were by each other's side all the time. I was there for her when she got her heart broken for the first time by Conrad. She was there for me when I got my heart broken for the first time too. By Jeremiah. I used to like him. But one day when we were 14, he called me and told me he had a girlfriend. He sounded happy. And I was happy for him, but I wanted to be the reason he was happy. I wanted to be his girlfriend. When we hung up, I broke down. I still had hopes though. But every time we spoke on calls or face times the only thing he would talk about was Annie. His girlfriend. So, I decided it was time to move on. At least I tried. I still think these feelings for him are deep inside me.

" Y/n! Y/n! Do you hear me?" Jeremiah said trying to communicate with me while I was in my thoughts.

I looked away from my plate and I saw everyone with a worried face.

" Yeah! Yeah! I'm sorry. I just zoned out," thinking about you. I said.

" Oh girls, I have something for you," Susannah said standing up from her chair and going to grab something from a small table.

A/N: I ended this chapter here because I felt like it was going to be very long if I continued this. Anyways, do you like this book so far?