Our Jeremiah ?

Later that night, I decided to go outside and sit on the back porch. I started thinking about everything that has happened this summer. I was confused about my feelings for Jeremiah. Him liking Belly. Belly ignoring Conrad. Conrad was moody all summer. As these thoughts were going all around my head someone interrupted them.

" May I sit here?" It was Conrad. As I nodded my head I saw him smiling.

" So, why are you being so moody this summer? I feel like I don't know you anymore." I asked him.

" Well... People change I guess. Or maybe it's puberty. I don't really care. I just wanna live in the moment. I'm tired of everything. I'm tired of being the perfect guy. If you know what I mean." He said without taking his eyes off the moon. " I'm the one with high grades. The attractive one. Most people say that I'm better than everyone else. But that's not true. I actually have feelings. I'm not just a good-looking guy whose goal is to get women in bed."

" Well. I'm sorry that this is the way you feel. Is there something I could do to help you?"

" I don't need anything Y/n. Just be careful with Jeremiah. Unlike me, he's kind of a jerk with girls." I watched him confused. Are we talking about the same Jeremiah?

" Our Jeremiah could never do that."

" I liked this girl. Okay? And I told him my feelings about her and then he started flirting with her. He played with her. Like she was his toy. He played with her feelings." Is he talking about Belly? Maybe because Jere is flirting with Belly for the time being. I guess it could be.

" Anyway" He stood up and offered me his hand. " Wanna go for a walk?"

" I think I'm gonna pass. It's too late and I'm tired." I grabbed his hand as I stood up. " Maybe another time? "

" Sure." And then he walked away. He made his way to the beach while I made my way inside.