Feelings

Jeremiah's Pov:

Y/n said she would go downstairs to grab a bottle of water but she is late. What could possibly take her so long? I decided to go to the kitchen to see if she was okay but as soon as I saw her, I stopped. I saw her and Conrad kissing. How could I be so dumb and think that she could actually like me back? I stood there for a few seconds but unfortunately, I made a weird sound out of angriness and sadness. I wasn't mad at her but at Conrad, and mostly myself. I should have made a move on her earlier. But it seems like Conrad had the b*lls to tell her his feelings first. He always gets what he wants and he's always perfect to others. He's the perfect son to dad. He's the most good-looking brother. The best football player in the school. The smartest Fisher. And I'm sick of that. Y/n was the only one that I thought wouldn't choose Conrad over me, but I guess I was wrong. She ended up choosing him like everyone else. Although, I left when I realized that if I had stayed, they could have seen me. I went up to my room and lay on my bed. I wanted to cry but I knew she would come back to continue the movie, so I decided not to. At least not yet. After a couple of minutes, she showed up but I pretended to be asleep. Thank god, she actually believed that I was asleep. She stopped the movie and before she leaves, she placed a kiss on my forehead. I couldn't help but smile. All night I couldn't sleep. I was thinking about their kiss and how stupid I had been all summer. Most of the time, I would hang out with Belly because I wanted to move on and forget my feelings about her, but that didn't succeed. When I tried to talk to her about "avoiding" me all summer, she got mad and referred to Belly and I thought that maybe she was jealous. But seeing her with Conrad made me realize that I live in my own, little, magical world.

Y/n's Pov:

The next morning I woke up and went downstairs for breakfast after I had done my morning routine. But in the kitchen, there was only Jeremiah.

" Good morning." I gave him a small smile as I grabbed a bowl.

" Morning."

" I came back from the kitchen last night and you were asleep, and I didn't want to wake you up so I stopped the movie and went to my room." I heard him mumble something but I didn't really pay attention.

" I was wondering, if you have changed your mind about the whole debutante thing and if you would like to be my escort to the ball."

"No." Wow. I guess he must be 100% sure because he answered my question without hesitation. There was an uncomfortable silence. Something was definitely wrong with him because I asked him if he wanted my leftover milk and he declined.

" So what's wrong with you? I know something's up. You declined my leftover milk, so you better not lie to me."

" I just feel a bit sick. That's all. There's nothing to worry about." He gave me a small smile.

" Okay. If you say so. But please take care of yourself, and remember, if you need anything, call me." I said as I was walking upstairs. Although, after a while, I got bored alone, so I went downstairs. I found Jere laying on the couch and he still seemed off.

" First of all, is anyone else home? And second, are you alright?" He looked at me offensively.

" I actually thought you liked my company. And second, I'm just not in the mood to do anything."

" No! You're not. I know something that you would wanna do right now." I went to grab the controllers for the PlayStation.

" So you, little woman dare to challenge the master of this game to play with you?" He said sarcastically.

" Yeah. But please go easy on me, Mr. Fisher. I would love to win one time at this very entertaining game."

" If you win me, you'll have the chance to become something more than the cook of this mansion. You'll be Mrs. Fisher. Although, if you lose you'll have to go back to your kitchen and make me some pancakes."

" It's on then." We played some rounds and unfortunately, I lost. I stood up from the couch and started walking to the kitchen.

" Where are you going?" Jeremiah asked while looking at me.

" I'm going to make your pancakes master." He followed me to the kitchen.

" And could I please know why your highness is in my kitchen?"

" I couldn't let a lovely like you, put her life in danger." He said as he grabbed my waist.

A/N: This is a smaller chapter but the new season of Ginny and Georgia is out and I haven't finished it yet.