Rehearsal

Steven had left to go talk to Shayla about the whole Taylor incident. Conrad also said that he had to leave for some reason. So now it was just me and Jeremiah at the beach.

" Shayla found out that Steven hooked up with Taylor." Jeremiah broke the silence between us.

" How?" I asked.

" I have no clue. Steven told me before you guys came." He said. I just stayed silent. I was afraid that if I talked too much I would open up to him and tell him about his mother's cancer. She obviously wanted to keep this a secret so I respected that. At least at some point. Conrad had definitely suspected something but I just assured his fears of her cancer coming back.

" So, I was thinking that we should go to the drive-in tomorrow. It has the movie "Grease" and I know that you like that film a lot so I thought that maybe we could watch it together. Like a date?" Was he asking me out? Who am I kidding? Of course he was.

" I would love to, Jere." I said before giving him a kiss. " It's pretty late. I think we should be heading back. Belly and I have deb ball rehearsal tomorrow."

" Yeah. Sure." Jeremiah said. We returned home, holding hands.

As we were walking back home, we saw Belly and Conrad almost kissing. But then they pulled away from each other.

" Why they just don't give in and admit that they like each other?" I asked.

" I don't know. I hope they figure things out just like we did." Jeremiah said before giving me a kiss on the lips." I guess this is your stop. He said stopping in front of my bedroom's door." And if you need anything, don't hesitate and come to my room."

" Goodnight, Jere."

" Goodnight, love."

I went straight to bed. I couldn't stop thinking about the way he had called me "love". My heart was about to melt. Suddenly, there was a knock to my door.

"Y/n, it's me Bells. Can I come in?" Belly tried to whisper.

" Come in. What's up Bells? Are you alright?" I hugged her as I saw her eyes filled with tears.

" I love Conrad but he makes it so hard."

" It's okay. Don't cry. That's just how Conrad is. He is so stubborn and that makes him mysterious." I gave her a reassuring smile. After a while of comforting, she spoke again.

" Wanna tell you a secret?" She said with a giggle. " I think our mom is hooking up with someone."

"WHAT?!" I laughed. " With who?!"

" That's a mystery for us to solve." Belly said laughing too.

" If it makes you any better, Jeremiah and I are officially dating."

" I don't want to be that kind of person but I told you so." Belly proudly smiled.

The next morning we woke up early as we had a rehearsal to attend. My escort is Jeremiah but he couldn't make it today because he was busy . Belly didn't have a date but still she seemed like she wasn't going to ask Cam to be hers.

I was too busy texting Jere that I didn't notice that Belly had left my side. I scanned the room in order to find her until I spotted her with Steven and Shayla. I guess things worked out last night because they seem happy together.

"Attention, everyone. Please welcome our debutante waltz instructor, Ms. Covington. Paige said and continue talking. I started dancing with Belly but was soon interrupted by someone.

" I think you're dancing with the wrong escort."

"Jere. I thought you couldn't come." I said while hugging him.

" I couldn't let my lady down. Could I?"

" Do you even know how to dance?" My comment made him giggle.

" Of course, I do. My mother forced both, Conrad and I, learn how to dance waltz a few years ago." He explained.

" More dancing, less talking." Miss Covington said. We started dancing but I still had to look out for Belly as she was left alone. Thankfully, I saw her dancing with Nichole.

"Hey, Alexa. Play "So Pretty". And Alexa did as he said. He pulled away from me and started dancing.

" What is going on here?" Paige said. " Alexa stop. Jeremiah Fisher, why aren't you at the pool?"

" We had a 'code brown'. We lost the keys to the chemical closet and I also am y/n's escort."

" I hate to break it to you but right now you're working." She gave him some keys." And make sure that you can attend to the next rehearsal or y/n must find someone else. Understood?".

He just nodded before leaving.

" Okay everyone. Let's do this again but this time without the theatrics."

At the door frame, there was Conrad who I suppose smiled to Belly. He waved at her and she waved back. In front of her, was Nichole and when she realized that she assumed that Con was waving at her. She was so embarrassed. To be honest it was kinda funny, knowing the situation.

The rehearsal ended a while after. Belly was going home to talk to Conrad and I decided to stay at the country club. I changed in my bikini and went to the pool. I saw Jere at the bar talking to Gigi and another girl.

" Hey, babe" I said kissing him.

" Hello,love. You should definitely try this". He tried giving me something but I politely decline.

" Belly and y/n are horrible dancers." The girls started insulting Belly and I as I wasn't even there.

" Actually, they are pretty good dancers. The
waltz is just dumb." He defended my sister and I.

" Yeah, whatever" that's all they said before walking away.

" Don't listen to them. I mean what I said. I am amazed by you dancing skills. As long as I want to hang out with you you have to rest and I have to get back to work or else Paige will kill me. If you need anything I will be just right there." He said while pointing to the lifeguard's chair. He kissed me goodbye and then walked away.