10

It has been another month since Harry and Louis took their relationship to the next level. They were trying new things every single time, also exploring what the other one's body reacted to the most.

Tonight they were in a restaurant and Harry had a question for Louis. Actually, he had more than just one question.

After they ate their main course and decided to order dessert Harry mustered up the courage to speak up.
—————

"Lou?" Harry swallowed the lump in his throat nervously.

"Babe?" I looked up from my glass of juice.

"Ehm, I was thinking. Wouldn't you like to move in together?" he asked carefully.

"What?" I looked at him with wide eyes. I thought I heard him wrong.

"Move in together?" Harry smiled, constrained.

"Haz." I reached out to grab Harry's hand on the table.

"I would love that." Harry met my eyes finally, a genuine smile playing on his lips now.
"Me too."

•••
"What do you say?" we were at one of the flats that we decided to take a look at.

"What do you say Haz?" Harry was currently looking at the small kitchen. The flat had a bedroom, little kitchen, living room and bathroom. It was perfectly enough for the two of us.

"It's perfect." I hugged him from the side, kissing his head.

"I will miss your place though." I sighed and pouted childishly.
"Things come and go. This is a start of something new." Harry nuzzled his cheek against mine.

"Of course, you are right." I knew Harry was right.

"Alright, we made up our minds." we both walked over to the guy.

•••
"Where can I put this box?" I grabbed one that was currently blocking the box with our bedsheets.

"Anywhere. On the floor, maybe?" Harry exclaimed from the kitchen. He was the one in charge of it and I was more than happy about it.

"Alright." we were in the middle of unpacking when the bell rang.

"Harry?" I looked at the curly haired boy, questioning who could be the one ringing the bell.

"Oh." was all Harry said in response.

We both made our way towards the door.

Harry caressed my side before he opened the door, relieving a woman standing behind them.

"Hello." I greeted, not knowing what was going on and who it was.

"Hello Louis, I heard a lot about you." the woman gave me a smile.

"Eh, I am sorry for being impolite but who are you, exactly?"

"Baby, that's my mum." Harry whispered into my ear, putting his arm around my waist.

"Oh, I am sorry Mrs.-" I quickly reached out with my had.

"Twist, but call me Anne." she shook my hand briefly.

"Let's go in, shall we?" Harry offered.

"Yeah." I closed the door behind her, following them both into our living room.

"I will make tea." Harry left us there alone.
Fuck, this will be awkward, right?

"So Louis... you are in uni, right?" that's not too bad.

"Yeah, I am still studying, but I also work part time."

"Yeah, I know. Harry wouldn't shut up about you." that made me blush. It made me feel nice, knowing Harry liked me this much. It was still hard to believe it sometimes.

"I can see why." she smiled at me.

"I am not that amazing." I shook my head in disagreement.

"Plus I have some minuses that he probably had told you about..." I bit on my lip harshly.

"Minuses? No, he hasn't." her brows furrowed. It's better to tell her now, isn't it?

"I-I was born as Madeline, not Louis." I looked away in shame. This was it. I was done for sure.

"Ah baby." I could feel a touch. She hugged me... she hugged me!

"I am sorry you have to go through such things, but I know you are strong. Harry told me how brave you are. He also told me enough about how kind you are to him and how you treat him in general."

"He is kinder." Anne just smiled, caressing  my cheeks. I wasn't used to this. It felt nice to- be appreciated for who I am.

"You two are perfect for each other."

"Come here." she gave me another hug and I loved it.

"I am here with the tea." Harry announced, smiling at the sight of me and his mother hugging.

"Lou? Could you put the box away from the conference table?" Harry walked with the tray over to the table.

"Sure thing." I quickly put it away in order to make space for Harry.

"So what do you say mum?" Harry asked when he sat down. I didn't understand what he was asking about.

She looked over to me, reaching out to pat my thigh.
"Louis here is a very lovely young gentleman." my eyes travelled from Anne back to Harry.

He whispered a quiet sorry, but I just shook my head, smiling at him.

When Anne left he went into the kitchen with me following him tight. I wrapped my arms around his waist, resting my chin on his shoulder.

"You planned this?" I kissed the skin on his neck.

"A bit, I wanted her to meet you. She wanted to meet you herself I- don't come at me for that!" he was way too cute.

"I didn't mind at all. She was very nice, your mom." Harry span around in my hold with smile playing on his lips.

"Will you introduce me to your mom sometime?" he asked, obviously finding it very exciting.

"I- don't know if that's the best idea. She- well she lives quite far away, you know-" Harry interrupted me.

"Where?" he played with the collar of my shirt in the meanwhile.

"Doncaster."

"Have never been there. Will you take me there? Wanna see your hometown, meet your mom."

"I-" when I looked up into his eyes I just couldn't make myself say no. I couldn't tell him any of those many reasons why I didn't want to do it or go there ever again.

"Alright, I will take you to my 'hometown'." I gave him a small smile.