CHAPTER 13

"Sometimes, love isn't enough." 

- Cassandra Clare

^^^

"Dhruv!" Kiara screamed at the top of her lungs, but soon discovered that she wasn't in the garden but in her room. She rubbed her eyes, calming her nerves. She inhaled deeply, trying to brush the sweats off her forehead.

"Kiara," she heard a concerned voice and emerging footsteps. Maya rushed into the room with concern, lapping her spirit. "Are you fine?" She reached to her, caressing her hair like a mother.

"I am..." Kiara mentioned, in between her uneven breath. Her heart was trying to grab normal speed. "It was a nightmare..."

Maya nodded, sitting beside her on the bed. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"Hmm..." Kiara hesitated for a second. "I don't know... I don't think my heart is ready to move on from the past." She muttered making Maya stare at her a minute longer. "I know, moving from it is the only option left but my heart isn't prepared for it. Even if I walk away from the past, one day I will have to witness it again and I am scared that day I would regret ever moving away from it."

"Listen to your heart, it won't ever let you regret it." Maya voiced making Kiara glance at her.

"What if the heart is craving something inappropriate?"

"The matters of the heart are beyond what's wrong and right." Maya pressed a smile and squeezed her shoulder. "It's up to you if you want to give up on its demand or not." With those words, Maya stood from the bed. "Now, grab some sleep." And she walked out of the room.

Kiara couldn't allow herself to lay down. She couldn't rest after the nightmare. Had Dhruv started hating her? Hadn't Avni promised to never let it happen? But how could she stop it? Kiara hesitated a minute longer, deciding whether contacting him was a better option? Groaning in displeasure, she clicked on his contact.

When it was about him, she could never restrain herself. The ring could be heard but there wasn't a response for several minutes. An urge was felt in her heart, should she end it? Maybe it was a better idea. Hadn't she planned to separate her from them? From him? Then why on earth was she dialling him? She had ignored his few missed calls. Maybe he won't receive it as well.

"Hello..." before she could reconsider her decision, a sleepy voice got in her ears.

"Dhruv..." she whispered finding it unbelievable, her voice choked. Tears made a place in those beautiful sets of black orbs. How much had she craved to listen to that deep, hoarse voice of his! At times she had simply reheard those voice notes, and reread those messages. How much had she missed him? None had ever affected her in the manner, he did.

"Kiara?" Dhruv sounded stunned, there was a pause for a minute longer. "Kiara? Is that you? Is everything fine? You had called at such an hour?" He sounded restless as if her voice had fully woken him up.

"I am sorry for disturbing you at such an hour." And suddenly Kiara realized, how stupid she was? Who calls at three o'clock at night?

"Kiara..." Dhruv sighed, taking a deep breath. She could listen to his uneven breathing along with his heart driving crazy. None spoked a word out, just the silence accompanying them. "Why?" She could find a hint of disappointment in that question.

"I was left with no option," Kiara muttered as a drop of tear rolled down her cheek. She knew, her decision had hurt him the most. And doing it even after knowing that she was providing him with a wound, was breaking her more. Why does she have to fall for him? And even if she had to, why did it have to be so hard?