CHAPTER 39

"Those cute little fights brought them closer and gave them a reason to love more each other." 

- UNKNOWN

^^^

Kiara's heart skipped a beat. She was craving to hear that deep, hoarse voice. She had never thought that she would get attracted to someone's voice. The way his voice messages could brighten her days at times of sadness. His voice would make her believe that he was present.

"Kiara," the voice got near as she no longer could make her legs move. She was a few steps away from departing from the building when the voice got into her ears. "Where are you running," soon she was grabbed by her elbow and pulled to face him.

Kiara's mind wasn't able to come up with an excuse. Why was she rushing away without meeting him?

"Kiara," Harshad called her not liking her orbs not making an eye-contact with his. Not able to hold himself, he raised her chin. The frown deepened on Harshad face glancing at Kiara's moist eyes. "What's wrong?" Harshad paused for a second cupping her face.

"Harshad, you should go and join them. They must be waiting for you." Kiara muttered attempting hard to keep the eye contact.

"Stop, avoiding me. I don't like it." Harshad grumbled sounding pissed. "Why were you running away?"

"Because I didn't want to disturb you."

"Aren't we done with this?" Harshad groaned. Pulling his hands away from Kiara in annoyance. "Haven't I mentioned it enough? You don't disturb me."

"You were having your moments with your girlfriend and I didn't want to be a hurdle. Her mood might have shifted and I didn't want..."

"Yeah, right!" Harshad muttered, not sparing a glance at Kiara. "I think she might miss my presence; I better leave." And without waiting for Kiara's response, he walked back towards his destination.

Kiara felt a deep wound on seeing him walking back to Ria. Kiara was expecting a denial, a justification but he agreed. Ria was his girlfriend and Kiara was blind that she wasn't able to see it. Harshad hadn't kept the truth from her but it was Kiara that had shaped false beliefs inside her. She was the reason behind getting hurt. Her false expectation was the reason.

Kiara wiped those tears walking out of the building unlike the heartbreak caused by Dhruv, she wasn't drowning in grief. She was walking out of the building with her head held high and a smile plastered on her face. Maybe she was much stronger to hold herself than earlier. Maybe she was getting used to her heart getting broken. Or was she learning to deal with the emotions, maturely?

____

"Why didn't you mention before about your arrival?" Avni was complaining as they had made themselves comfortable in Kiara's living area.

"Hadn't she said before?" Yami shook her head, taking a sip of juice prepared by Kajal. "It was meant to be a surprise."

"I know but still!" Avni shrugged her shoulder. "We would have planned a great event for your arrival. But it's never late. There is Harshad's birthday party and we can enjoy your arrival as well." Avni suggested but the mention of the party shifted Kiara's mood.

"No, Avni! Last time I visited my days revolved around you all. This time I want to spend some time with my parents. It's been months since I had a proper dinner with them. Mom had prepared so many dishes, I can't abort it."