CHAPTER 57

"Home is not where are you from, it is where you belong. Some of us travel the whole world to find it. Others find it in person."  

- BEAU TAPLIN

^^^

There was a knock on the door that startled Kiara. She was behaving over-cautions from the minute she had entered the house. She could feel the vibes and she could sense that danger was near her. She was regretting coming back, but she had to face it.

Kiara stared at the door with a fearful eye as the voice from the other side calmed her down. "It's me, Kiara." Kajal voiced out, forcing Kiara to stand from her desk and open the door.

Kajal stared at Kiara with concern, it was making Kiara feel worse. "I am fine, mom." Kiara felt the need to assure her.

"I was here to inform you that Dhruv had called." She mentioned making Kiara enlarge her orbs. "He mentioned that he wanted to talk to you but you weren't receiving his calls."

Kiara had a blank look, "are you ignoring her, Kiara?" Kajal inquired, "I got to know from Renu that Aditi and he broke the engagement."

Kiara exhaled in exhaustion, "I don't want to ignore him, mom. I am not in a state to have a conversation with him. I was just trying to write some words down on the screen." Kiara pointed at her opened laptop.

Kajal stared at Kiara for a minute longer, "are you sure you don't hold any feelings toward Harshad?"

"Are you by any chance trying to shove Harshad away from my life by adding Dhruv?" Kiara sounded defensive but Kajal pressed a sad smile.

"I just want you to be happy," Kajal muttered sounding embarrassed. Kiara felt ashamed of her behavior why was she showering anger on her mother? She wasn't at fault. But she couldn't stop herself from defending Harshad.

"I am sorry..." she apologized. "I am just..."

"I understand, carry on with your work. I won't disturb you." Kajal provided her with a smile as she walked away. Kiara shut the door and locked it as she walked back to the desk. Her mind had drifted from the imaginary world, she won't longer be able to concentrate on her story.

She groaned, checking her phone. She was avoiding Dhruv's calls for the past few days. From the day Kiara got aware of his feelings. Aditi had suggested walking back to Dhruv because they both loved each other but Kiara didn't want to walk back to him. She might care about him, love him but she was having enough of his attitude. She didn't want to walk back and humiliate herself because he won't ever confess his feelings, he would deny them as he always did.

Kiara ignored his calls, typing a message to Harshad.

"Are you free?" She backspaced it.

"I shouldn't disturb him," she muttered to herself. Keeping the cell phone at her side and turning it silent she attempted to concentrate on her work.

___

Kiara was lying on the bed when her ears started hearing some noises. Kiara's eyes got rooted in the wooden door. Was he knocking on the door? Was he attempting to get inside her room? Kiara gasped in horror, scanning her room for a defense weapon. In name of a dangerous weapon, she could find only a pair of vases.

Kiara attempted to take an even breath. She shut her eyes trying to distract her mind from dangerous thoughts. Thoughts that could offer her panic attacks. "You're imaginary things." She wanted to convince her mind.