CHAPTER 31

"Sometimes our faith is different from the one we had imagined for ourselves." 

- JEAN KWOK 

^^^

"What are you doing over here, Harshad?" Kiara glared at him, as she stood in front of him.

"Can't I visit a friend of mine?" He winked, offering a mischievous smirk.

"Who even offered you my address?"

"You can always count on Avni for such a blessing," he winked again, making Kiara groan.

"Why is she so fan-stricken by you?" Kiara grumbled while Harshad chuckled.

"None can't resist my charm." He grinned like an idiot as he wrapped his arms around her shoulder. "Not even you," he mumbled making Kiara scowl at him. "Didn't you miss me?" He made an innocent face making Kiara melt. Definitely, she couldn't resist his charm as well but she wasn't ever going to admit it.

"Not at all!" She responded pushing back the small emerging smile on her face on seeing his fake dramatic pout.

"But I did, a lot..." he confessed pressing a kiss on her forehead. "How is your health?" He inquired, changing the topic.

"It's all good..." Kiara muttered avoiding eye contact.

"What happened to your health?" Maya inquired who hadn't mentioned a word after Harshad's arrival.

"Oh!" Harshad noticed her presence, "another beautiful girl." Harshad was back to his flirtatious nature while Maya grew uncomfortable with his over-friendliness.

"Harshad," Kiara nudged his shoulder, glaring at him. "Don't mind him, Maya," Kiara muttered for which Maya smiled not being convinced.

"Let's get into the house, seems like it's going to rain," Maya muttered and she walked away not waiting for them to follow. She wasn't comfortable around strangers.

"You should stop doing that," Kiara commented following Maya but Harshad's words stopped her.

"Stop with what?"

"Your flirting," Kiara glanced at Harshad.

"Why? Are you getting jealous," he was going to pinch her cheeks but she shoved him away. Harshad rolled his eyes, engulfing his arms around her shoulder. "My flirting does no harm." He attempted to reason out, seeing her sulky mood.

"But people misinterpret it. They start giving you character certification." She voiced out sounding serious but Harshad was staring at her with a smile.

"I don't give a damn! They can keep barking about me." Kiara gave him an annoyed look while rushing away from him but he maintained the phase. "Sweetheart, what's wrong?"

"Nothing," Kiara scowled.

"It doesn't matter if someone talks rubbish. Their words aren't going to change our personalities. When they judge us they display their mentality. As simple as that!" He winked making Kiara have a small smile.

"How can you be so... weird?" Kiara shook her head, "you can bring a smile in any tense situation."

"I love spreading a smile."

"Why?"

Harshad glanced at Kiara, and the smile disappeared from his lip. "Because we never know how many days we are offered. Why not cherish each moment?" He raised his brow, "come... show me your cousin's place." He dragged her inside, shutting the topic.