CHAPTER 43

"Keep the ones that heard you when you never said a word." 

- UNKNOWN

^^^

Kiara opened the door of her room and got inside. Harshad followed her inside, his eyes fixed on Kiara, who was avoiding eye contact.

"So, what was it?" Harshad inquired as Kiara stared at Harshad in a horror.

"What?" She sounded appalled.

"Do you expect me to behave like I hadn't noticed a thing?" Harshad raised his brow in question. Kiara avoided his gaze; she couldn't share the matter with him. "The way you were shivering in his presence and the way he was staring at you. I wanted to punch him and knock the breath out of him. Ridiculous human, can't even take notice of his age."

Harshad scowled making Kiara astonished. It was the first time that someone had mentioned it to her. Someone had noticed the inner devil behind the innocent face. Kiara was amazed, she stared at Harshad with a questioning gaze.

"What?" Harshad scowled, "don't you dare give me a lecture on my tone or my language. I wouldn't have given a fuck about his age only that I needed a confirmation that I wasn't imaginary things." He strolled his hand towards those messy, black hairs in frustration. "Are you fucking going to open your mouth?"

Kiara stared at him for a minute longer and soon the frown converted into tears. She averted her gaze from him. "You might be getting late for your work." She whispered making Harshad groan.

"Oh! So, we are going to avoid the conversation. Very much, great!" Harshad was losing patience with Kiara. Those flashes of Ranbir's intense orbs on Kiara were triggering him. "Fine! I don't give a fuck," he groaned. Pushing the door open of her room and walked away without sparing a glance at devasted Kiara.

"Idiot! Stupid, annoying human." Kiara grumbled, shutting the door behind him. She locked it in fear that Ranbir might rush in. "At times when I ask him to stop annoying me, he never listens to my comment. But today he had to listen to me." She scowled pushing herself towards the washroom, she needed to cry her heart out.

___

"Are you even aware what an annoying mess is your friend?" Harshad was complaining to Avni making her giggle.

"Are you by any chance talking about Kiara?"

"See, you're aware how frustrating she is at times."

"There isn't anything like that!" Avni defended Kiara. "You make her annoyed to such a degree that she gets frustrated with you. What had you committed this time?"

"Can you for once support me?"

"No! Never, I am with Kiara for life." She giggled at the end. "But what is the matter? You hardly call me to complain about her."

"I want you to spend a night along with her." Harshad expressed his concern.

"But why?" Avni sounded suspicious, "you sound worried. Is there something serious?"

"I don't know... I felt she needed company. I hope you won't mind..." Harshad was going to continue but Avni interrupted him.

"Absolutely not, I know her very well. She has a hard time asking for help. I will be beside her," Avni assured Harshad and soon they ended the call after talking about less-serious matters.

____

"Avni called me a few minutes back, she will be joining us for the dinner," Kiara mentioned walking into the kitchen. "Do you need any help?" She inquired as she was getting suffocated behind the walls. Those flashes were making it difficult for her to breathe.