CHAPTER 6

You know that one person that hates you and you don't really know why? That one person that never talks to you, like a silent treatment that never ends
and has no reason to even happen. Yeah... me too.

But that person was my soon to be stepbrother. Life has been good. I've been talking to Josh and his friends and Mina. Home hasn't been too bad, I haven't walked into too many of my mom's make out sessions with her lover.

The only things that I haven't liked is the awkward tension between me and Y/N. He drives me to school, sleep under the same roof as me, eats at the
table as the same as me and yet still manages to only let me hear five words out of him on the daily.

***

"Oh come on you have to go," Josh wines to me, pouting his bottom lip like a four year old would.

"I don't know Josh ," I look my hands timidly. "I've never really been into parties.."

He lets out a slight chuckle as we stop walking and he stands in front of me.

"Pls, I'm telling you, you can't miss it."
I look at him, debating in my mind wether I should go
or not. I sigh, "I don't know you.." trail off"

Josh  lightly put an arm around my waist pulling forward gently. His face is very close to mine and his
breath tickles my neck. "Please Sana," he whispers.

"For me."

His voice sends shivers down my spine. I look down feeling my face heating up.

"Fine," I give in.

He smiles putting kiss on my forehead. We separate and he heads to class. Me and Josh are not dating he just has a flirty personality.

***

"This one or this one?" I ask Mina holding up two dresses. One of which a slick black short dress with long sleeves and the other a red laced sleeveless.

"The black one," she declares, I nod in agreement.

"Have you ever been to that party?" I ask thinking back to when Josh mentioned how a that party are the so different from other.

"I wish" Mina laughs. "He's the most popular party thrower around. I've never been accepted in that
kinda crowd."

"Oh," I begin to feel kinda sympathetic. With me hanging out with the so called populars it made me feel kinda sad towards myself. But they were good
people and that's all that mattered.

Me and Mina got ready, with her begging to do my make up and we went down stairs. We were literally thirty seconds from walking out the door when we were stopped.

"Where do you think you're doing?"

"Y/N" I say annoyed. "What do you want."

"You two better not be going to party," he says walking towards us.

"And why shouldn't we?"

"Because you two can't go out. You might... get- hurt" He says shifting in his feet.

"Oh please," I roll my eyes at the boy.

"You haven't talked to for weeks and now you're worried about me? Shut up."

I open the door motioning for Mina to follow. I heard Y/N trying to talk to me but I ignored him.

The party was just like any other "good" party. A bunch of drunk, sexually frustrated, sweaty teens rubbing bodies and the usual make outs sprawled out
around the room. I quickly decide that I did not enjoy this atmosphere but I convinced myself to stay.