CHAPTER 7

"Sana... Sana... Sana!"

I slowly life my eye lids from my deep sleep to see a smiling blonde teenage boy sitting on eye level beside my bed.

"Y/N?" l ask yawning and rubbing my eyes. "What do you want?"

"Get up and get ready," he chirps. "We're meeting the boys at the bowling alley. You can invite that Mina if you wanna."

I sit up, "wait, what?"
"You heard me now get ready," his cheery voice states as he walks out of my room.

I sit in confusion for a moment, questioning how Y/N went from not talking to me to inviting me to hang
out with his friends in twenty four hours.

I shower and put on a tee shirt and high waisted jeans. Mina  was on her way to come with us so I meet Y/N in the living room.

"Well hello Sana," he greets me smiling.
"What's got you in such a good mood?" I smirk.
"I don't know. Just life," he smiles at me.
"Uh, did you get get laid or something last night?"  I say furrowing my eyebrows.

"No of course not," he rolls his eyes shaking his head.

Silence fell over the room. Memories began to run through my mind of last night. My face goes pale just recalling it.

"Hey Y,/N."
"Mhm," he asks grabbing a banana.

"Thanks again for what you did last night. It's really means a lot," I speak.

A smirk appears on his lips. "Don't even mention it sweetheart," he says taking a bite of his banana walking away.

***

I've learned that the boys are always energetic. It was almost contagious. Mina seems to really like the boys.
When we got to the bowling all  we started our game and I quickly realized how much l used to love bowling back in Japan.

"Dude this girl is kicking all of our asses," Mike laughed making me playfully stick my tongue out at
him.

"Yeah I never you could bowl," Mina says.

"Me neither" Y/N speaks.
"Well you did not talk to me for over month," I sass at Y/N. It went silent.

"Oh no she did not!" Sam jokes making us all laugh. Y/N's face grows red as I playfully nudge him.

"It was a joke," I tease. He looks up.
"Maybe, but it won't be as funny as it will be when I beat you!" He teased back. I smiled.

"Oh it's on!"

"No you didn't!" I gasp laughing.
"Yes I did! Every time l'd like a girl I would just throw a all at her," Y/N laughs along with the rest of us.

"Did it work?" Mina asked.

"What do you think?" Y/N rolls his eyes. I took another bite of the vanilla ice cream l got from the bowling alley.

"You know I always thought step siblings didn't get along," Mike admitted.

"We are not step siblings," me and Y/N instantly replied. The rest just shared a look before shaking their heads and returning to their ice cream.

"You will be soon though," Nico mumbles. The rest of the boys nod in agreement.

"I know... sadly," I speak.
"Did you just like insult Y/N's dad or something?" Sam asked uneasy.

"No!" I snap. "It's just- The term 'stepbrother' really creeps me out when it comes to him." I look at Y/N. "No offense."

"I get it," he nods.
"That's weird though," Mina says.
"It is," I admit. "It's just complicated." I look at Y/N who's agreeing.

There was some comfortable silence for a few moments before a smirking Mike pipes up.
"Hey guys why don't we go to the grocery store, buy tons of junk food and have a movie night?" She smiles.

We all look around at each other, sharing a glance.

"Sounds lovely"

***

"No get the off brand!" A whining Y/N trails behind me.

"No the off brands not as good," I roll my eyes at the boy.

"Is it three dollars not as good?" He points out, "no just get the off brand." He picks up the off brand box
of cookie scanning my body waiting for answer.

"Fine,"I give in putting the one box of cookies back on the shelf as he puts the other box in the cart. Me and Y/N were sent out to get the sweets for our
group sleepover tonight while the rest took care of the other things to do.

"You know you literally act like a five year old sometimes," I say playfully.

"A five year old who saves money," a
smirk appears on his face making me shake my head.

"You're a real idiot."
We keep walking throwing stuff in our cart with the occasional tease or sarcastic insult when someone
catches our eye.

Josh.

I notice him first, him walking down I  froze, holding a small basket with a few things inside.

Y/N is behind me at this time picking out ice cream flavors. I stop in my tracks not knowing what to do,
soon I lock eyes with him and I immediately get more tense.

"Hey Sana, I got cookies and cre- hey, what's wrong?" Y/N walks up, three ice cream cartons in hand,snapping me out of my trance.

"Uh-um... nothing. Let's just go," I stutter out and begin to push the buggy but Y/N quickly stops me with a gentle hand on my shoulder.

"What's going on Sana?" His eyes are staring right intoo mine and filled with concern. I say nothing in response, just make my glance to Josh. Y/N looks over meeting his gaze then quickly
turning back to me.

"Has he talked to you?" He whispers.
I shake my head.

"Okay," his sighs. "Lets just go."

So we start walking with Y/N close to my side.

"Sana wait-" we hear Josh's all too familiar voice. But before l could open my mouth I see Y/N's fist
grabbing the neck of Josh's shirt. Josh stands there hopelessly with wild eyes.

"Don't touch her, don't talk to her and don't even look at her," Y/N spits as he lets him go. He gently puts an arm around me as we walk to check out our
food.

We get into the car is silence.
"Sana?"

"Yes?"

"You know I'm not a mean person right?" Y/N's voice is soft.

"Yes."

"And that l only act that way to protect you."

"Of course I know ." Its silent for a few moments before pipe up,

"Y/N?"

"Yes?"

"You know I really am thankful for what you do for me, right?"
A smile appears on his face.

"Of course I do babe"

Wait....

He called me...

Babe?

————————————–———