•1•

Billy POV.

It was October 20th, 1984, and I Just moved from California with my father and his new wife, so that meant I was moving to a different school. It was early in the morning, around six thirty, and I was driving my blue Chevrolet Camaro to the high school in Hawkins, Indiana. My little sister Max decided to take her skateboard instead of riding with me to school, so I had my music up to max volume while speeding down the street.

Getting closer to the school, I slowed down and turned down the music before pulling into the parking lot, and parking perfectly in a parking spot. I could see Max waiting for me with what some kid I assume she was talking to. I guess she was already making friends, and I'll admit that made me happy seeing her smile again. I sighed to myself as I got outta my car after taking the keys out, thinking to myself 'How could she already be making friends on the first day of school?' before closing the car door behind me, and pulling a cigarette out of my pocket.

Before putting the cigarette in my mouth, I grabbed my lighter and lit the cigarette, then I took a swig. after inhaling some smoke, I exhaled and blew out the smoke before walking over to Max. "I see you made a new friend Max! It's only the first day of school, how're you making friends that fast?" I asked Max as I looked at her before crossing my arms. Max chuckled a bit as she glared at me, and smiled "Well, maybe you should've taken a shortcut Billy. " She said before picking up her skateboard, and looking at the boy standing next to her. The boy looked at me like I was some model, and that made me cringe a little. "Can you quit staring at me kid? Seriously, you're freaking me out." I said looking at the boy for a moment before looking back at Max.

The boy quickly looked away from me, and looked at Max for a moment. "Is that your brother?" He asked her, looking back up at me, then at Max again. I raised an eyebrow as I continued to look at Max before she spoke. "Yes." She answered before sighing, "Billy, this is Dustin.. Dustin, this is my brother Billy." She said as she looked up at me, then looked at Dustin. I looked at the small boy before putting my hands in my pocket. "It's nice to meet ya kid. I'm glad to see that my little sister is already making friends.." I said with a small smile before taking one hand out of my pocket, and using it to ruffle Dustin's hair before walking away.

Max POV.

I watched as Billy ruffled Dustin's hair, and walked away. Then I looked at Dustin and nudged him a bit before smiling a little. "That's his way of saying 'welcome to the family.' You don't have to be scared of him." I said giggling softly before I started walking towards the middle school. Dustin sighed before following me while fixing his hair. "Good to know. Now, let's get to the others." He said as he walked into the school, and started heading to class. 

Steve POV.

I was talking to Nancy about her and Jonathan going on a date this Friday when I noticed the new guy walking down the hall. I shushed Nancy before she could ask me another question about what she should wear. "Shh! Shhh, Nancy.. Nancy! New guy, four o'clock." I said to her as I nudged her, and pointed towards the guy. Nancy looked over at the new guy, then looked back at me "You mean Billy? He just transferred from California, there's nothing exciting about it" She said as she rolled her eyes, and turned around before walking to class. I started walking with her and started whisper-yelling, "Nothing exciting about it?!.. when was the last time we had a new kid Nancy..?!" She pinched her nose and sighed softly as we both arrived to class, and sat down with our friends Robin and Eddie. "Okay. you have a point.. just don't make a big deal about it." She said before turning her attention to Robin.

I looked over at Eddie only to see that his face was a little red. "Are you alright Eds? you seem a little red there.." I said curiously as I raised an eyebrow. Eddie hummed in response before looking at me. "Have you seen the new kid?" He asked while twirling a few strands of his hair, his face still a little red too. I thought about it for a moment before starting to realize. "Oh..yeah. why, is he the reason why you're acting like a high school girl?" I asked jokingly as I tilted my head to the side a bit. Eddie got a little flustered and lightly pushed my shoulder while glaring at me. "Shut up Harrington." He said before quickly shutting up himself, and hiding his face as Billy walked into the classroom.